Why are ETH dec futures at a discount to ALL other futures?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by misterkel, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Overnight

Overnight

I did not look at the link you provided, the CME settlement page. So you assumed wrong. That is OK. Please do not turn into a blackhole on earth, which is what suns tend to do.

I have no idea what I mean by that, but I am sticking to it.

#21     Aug 4, 2022
  2. maxinger

maxinger

You deliberately hide the volume

those further month contracts volume is almost zero.

when the volume is almost zero, do expect the bid-offer spread to be extremely horrific.

#22     Aug 4, 2022
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I didn’t. Because this is not relevant to the conversation.

I was mocking the inflation hedge argument for crypto. And you said that index puts didnt hedge the stock market sell off (which made no sense). And now you are talking about crypto people buying puts to hedge their crypto.

#23     Aug 5, 2022
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

I guess it is hard to understand that BOTH cryptos and indexes have dropped this year? And both can be hedged against said drop?

Hardly.

#24     Aug 5, 2022
  5. Ed48

Ed48

To be fair, he actually said "And a hedge on stock indexes dropping too. Oh wait .... not there too?"

I think he was mocking the stock market hedge argument for crypto (following on from your mocking of the inflation hedge argument).

-------------

Of course, the same criticism could be levelled at Gold, which is often claimed to be a hedge against inflation and a falling stock market, but this is doing badly at the moment as well.

#25     Aug 5, 2022
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

stocks were never argued to be a hedge against inflation.
    But your point was to out snarky me and instead your posts look like trumper logic.

#26     Aug 5, 2022
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

there was no stock market hedge argument. He got triggered.

#27     Aug 5, 2022
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Regardless, if the shoe fits wear it. As for logic, you wouldn't know unless the shoe kicked you in the azz with it @ 4:44am.

#28     Aug 5, 2022
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

that also made no sense.
    But okay. Equity Index puts have everything to do with Bitcoin being a hedge for inflation because a bunch of Bitcoin holders bought puts on Bitcoin to hedge inflation.

Wake up earlier and maybe your brain will turn on before 6:57am.

#29     Aug 5, 2022
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

I do, I trade the European open - while you are doing clean up down at the local Circle K.

#30     Aug 5, 2022