Why are DIA options CBOE's exclusive right?

Discussion in 'Options' started by NoMoreOptions, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Why give these criminals exclusive right on this instrument? If ISE or BOX offer DIA options, they will crash CBOE like a worm. Did CBOE do something illegal to have this exclusive right!?

2. Just a guess, they (CBOE) probably paid Dow Jones for the right to carry the intellectual property on the exchange.

P.S. Have any more great self-quotes?

3. They have a licensing agreement with Dow Jones & Company for options on DIAmonds. They also have exclusive rights to options on the Dow (DJX options) and five other Dow Jones-based products (DTX, DUX, DJR, ECM, and MUT).

Not a thing illegal involved - just business.

4. FinStat

FinStat

criminals?????

5. How about OEX? Is that also a CBOE exclusive?

6. I believe the CBOE has a similar licensing arrangement with Standard & Poors - so at least the OEX (S&P 100) and the SPX (S&P 500) index options would be exclusive to them - just like the S&P futures and their related options are exclusive to the CME.

7. The ISE said they would enter the index options business soon. With all these exclusive licensing arrangements, it'll be pretty hard for them. I wonder are there indices that are widely followed but not having exclusive licensing arrangements?

8. ISE will make CBOE and all of the open outcries go out of business, or at least force them to go all electronic like the ISE.

CBOE blows. I route all orders to ISE if possible. I've gotten screwed big time by open outcry exchanges.

When you try to fill 300-500 contracts on an open outcry exchange, the MMs always try to screw you. The only way to win is to enter and exit at a major turning point.