Why are Dems parading a guy that cheated on wife and lied to us?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I guarantee you if the democrats could come up with the tiniest indiscretion in Romney's life, they would pivot 180 degrees and we would be getting the sanctimonious lectures about how important character is in public servants.

Anyway, like Lucrum posted, it wasn't the sex, it was lying in a deposition in front of a federal judge in a case against him for outrageous sexual harrassment. That's called perjury. Even big shots like Martha Stewart were sent to federal prison for less serious perjury.

Anyway, democrats don't have to worry about affairs, etc because the media will always do clean up duty for them. See Kennedy, Ted. Republicans, not so much. Obama wouldn't have been president or senator if the media and democrat operatives didn't leak supposedly sealed divorce records of not one, but two of his rivals.

#61     Sep 11, 2012
  2. And that's called politics. Both parties ooze hypocrisy. I stand by my moral equivalency postion. They're all in it neck deep.

#62     Sep 11, 2012
  3. You call it politics. I call it a double standard.

I think the vast majority of the American people do not want a president with a sleazy personal life. They elected Clinton, but the media basically hid his indiscretions. He never got a majority of the vote either.

#63     Sep 11, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

In terms of the media's treatment of it, absolutely.

#64     Sep 11, 2012
  5. Bullshit aaa, it was in the news all the time about Clinton...BEFORE... he was elected. The public knew about him and elected him twice. And America is better off for it.
    Look at the recent presidents,
    Omama, probably didn't screw around while president, an OK president so far.
    Bush 2, probably didn't drink or screw around while president a horrible president,
    Clinton, well we know about him, a good president.
    Bush 1, probably didn't screw around while president, an OK president.
    Reagan, probably didn't screw around while president, but I bet he got his share earlier in life, a good president.
    Carter, probably didn't screw around while president, not a good president.
    Nixon, probably didn't screw around while president, not a good president.
    Kennedy, well we know about him, a good president.

Do we really want to use a guys personal sex life a guage for president ? The correct answer is no.

Of the three good presidents in the last 50 years, Kennedy, Reagan and Clinton two of the three liked the women, a lot. And Reagan might of too if he'd been younger when he was elected. Statistically it doesn't matter.

#65     Sep 11, 2012
  6. I would say 3 out of the 3 .Reagan was a good looking Hollywood actor,you know he was nailing hot actresses and groupies

#66     Sep 11, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

<a href="http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/12/exploding-myths-about-saint-bill-clinton/">Exposing The Myth of Saint Bill Clinton</a>

"So Clinton -- not Bush -- was the bank deregulator. Were those acts responsible for the financial debacle of 2008?"

#67     Sep 12, 2012