Why are 95% of the people here cynical bastards?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Econmajor, Mar 26, 2007.

  1. Just my observation.
  2. Mvic


    I wonder if the 95% loss rate amongst traders (and I use that term loosely in this context) is coincidence or correlation? :D
  3. "The bear case is always the easiest and the most intellectually justifiable argument to make" - Lazlo Birinyi
  4. People I've talked to via PM have been helpful, warm-hearted, and very inspirational. Maybe the posters you've encountered just want to be heard and have nothing constructive to say. Find someone with something you like and pm them. IMHO PM is where the real value is at ET.
  5. Goes with the territory, kind of like a person not reading, and posting in the wrong forum section. :eek:
  6. I have been on messageboards since the days of BBS. I have observed and encountered many individuals who are seemingly hostile over the years.

    The internet is an anonymous place and people are not held accountable for their statements. For certain guys, it gives them a feeling of power when they put an idea or person down. Since they wont be held accountable for their speech, ultimately, they post whatever they feel no matter how tasteless or rude it may seem.

    The only way to stop them is to simply ignore them and not play into their hand. Many folks attempt to reply back, but that just fuels the fire and satisfies the original poster even more.

    It does seem rather interesting where these financial discussion boards can attract an unsavory egotistical crowd. Sometimes I wonder why other types of message boards can remain so civilized where as these financial boards seem like the wild west.
  7. It's not things that have happened to me personally, but I read when people bring up a question and they just get ridiculed.

    Sorry about posting in the wrong forum

  8. Whose cynical you commie bastard trying to start a f#ing fight???

  9. Ask the other 5% who drove them to it.

  10. maxpi


    95% of traders are losing money and the other 5% will be blowing out their accounts eventually. You expect this to be a happy place? :D
    #10     Mar 26, 2007