Why an MRI costs $1,080 in America and $280 in France

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bigarrow, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I am in TX in a city where there are many illegal immigrants. So almost every street has a small clinic where people can only speak Spanish no English but somehow the doctor in the clinic can write a prescription in English :))

So you pay $30 dollars for this hardly English speaking doctor and you can get a lot of things done. At least you can get a prescription for whatever you need.

CVS and walgreens has clinics, they are more professional but they are $60-$70. And they don't even have doctors only nurse practitioners.

#51     Mar 6, 2012
  2. The medical industry has a stranglehold on the government, and they are controlling the labor pool. They don't want more doctors because that would drive salaries down.

do you know which lobby spent the most money last year? Most people think it was some bank or big oil, but nope, it was the AMA

#52     Mar 6, 2012
  3. I have undergone treatment using the NHS and the US healthcare system and the NHS is simply not comparable to the US in terms of service, technology, expertise and equipment.

#53     Mar 6, 2012
  4. greed. greed is not good when applied to medicine.

why is becoming a physician a road to an instant millionaire?

#54     Mar 6, 2012
  5. Can you get into details please? Alot of my friends speak contrary to the what you saying about NHS. I heard NHS is superior to whatever hospital in USA.

#55     Mar 6, 2012
  6. whats the kool aid? i am just saying i want the best educated. you are bring other factors in now.

#56     Mar 6, 2012
  7. I am not a fan of the US health system but the NHS? C'mon ... it is a brutal retarded system. When I last lived in London there were people in serious pain waiting months to have kidney stones removed. The quality and timeliness of NHS medicine is a joke. The French system is timely, quality medicine brought in at a fair price for the society. But the UK is only cheap ... no one can believe it is even fair never mind good!!

#57     Mar 6, 2012
  8. I don't think England would have a bad health care system as you described. It is one of the richest countries in the world. I don't know what your intention is with this posting.

#58     Mar 7, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

look at their teeth :p :p :p

#59     Mar 7, 2012
  10. inbred island, too many white people, not enough black people

I'd rather look at their teeth than their wife's legs

#60     Mar 7, 2012