Why America's Taxes Are Too Low

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Oh, I see. The single mom with two kids working at McDonalds. The 78 year old sitting at home watching O'Reilly. The mentally ill fat guy and his 30 K a year nurse. They're the parasite class. That's another thing I didn't know! You're just full of pearls of wisdom!

Do you think when you speak or do you just parrot whatever they say on Fox?

#11     Mar 3, 2012
  2. Is this BS supposed to somehow "magic away" the fact that the top 0.1 percent pays more income tax than bottom 80 percent? :p Tell us specifically why you "think" the rates are too low on the "rich." (Hint: you wanting to continue on as a parasite is NOT a valid reason).

#12     Mar 3, 2012
  3. Because over the last thirty years they have done very much better than the middle and lower classes, mostly due to favorable tax policy.

The top 1% now control 40% of all the wealth in the country. That wouldn't even be so bad if money did not equate to political power as it does today.

#13     Mar 3, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

According to who?

#14     Mar 4, 2012
  5. And they've paid an increasingly larger share of all taxes over that period. If it was "mostly due to favorable tax policy" then the losers and parasites like you who pay nothing would be on top.
    It's your "mind."

#15     Mar 4, 2012
  6. So, since no one has mentioned that absolutes are not appropriate for this discussion, but instead percentages, I will put that out there.

Let's have the wealthy pay the same rate on a percentage basis as everyone else.

Who dares to argue that?:mad:

#16     Mar 4, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Said the skid mark.

#17     Mar 4, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Said the "soon to have."

#18     Mar 4, 2012
  9. Eight

Eight

Gadz.. we are halfway to full communism! The overall taxation level is somewhere near 50% of GNP. I can say that because the sum total of all the public sector budgets is about 50% of GNP and they get their money from taxes. The economy is struggling as it is, slipping back into recession quite possibly. And the Left's answer is to raise taxes!!!! Brilliant! They always claim the intellectual high ground of course, they are atheists and we all know how brilliant they are, just ask them!

I have some questions for the Left:

1) how are you going to pay for all your programs?
    2) if you are so smart why aren't you rich?
    3) if you are helping the little guy how come the disparity between the poor and the rich is growing?
    4) how is that after decades of the War on Poverty in all it's myriad forms, poverty seems to be worse. Many Americans are dealing with hunger, probably way more than when you started with all your brilliant programs!

A baby born today owes $500,000 in taxes to pay for unfunded liabilities of the public sector... he/she is impoverished essentially. I'm thinking that it's time for a complete meltdown of the whole system. Organized crime can run the economy for awhile, same as in Russia and all the other communist shitholes...

#19     Mar 4, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

You arrogantly presume too much - yet again.

I don't "defend" lower taxes because I think/hope I'll be one of the "rich" someday. I defend lower taxes because I'm pro personal responsibility and anti wealth redistribution. Principles, thunderpussy/gayfly1/Horse's brASS, that your feeble little mind will NEVER understand.

#20     Mar 4, 2012