Why am i better at day trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jun 5, 2007.

1. What good is a limit order when it's not getting filled?
    When GS moves against, and it will move against you often, what exactly is your strategy for getting out? Do you realize that every bot is ahead of you because they are much much faster?

What are you going to do when the quote simply moves against you with minimal prints. By the time you even start moving your finger, your stop loss has already been blown through.

I am trying to illustrate that you are relatively clueless about live daytrading and why demo results mean nothing. They meant little back when I started in 2003 and back then you actually trust some of the demo fills. Now, forget about it, most of the prints I see in stocks are unnattainable by human traders.

#51     Aug 13, 2007
  2. I can try, and if I dont like it..i can close my account. It's no big deal.

#52     Aug 13, 2007
  3. timcar

timcar

Personally "Cash money six niner" wishing you the best of luck. I for one are pulling for you to hit it big time.

Just keep us updated on your progress.

Question: Will you be daytrading or swing trading this new account ??

#53     Aug 14, 2007
  4. Day trading, because swing trading with a direct access broker is murder...you pay outrageous interest rates to hold over night.

I Have 3 months to get my trading off the ground, or a 6% draw down. I could put it all back in my scottrade account, but I want to be more active

also i think day trading is maybe the best move right now since the dow is no longer in a trend.

cm

#54     Aug 14, 2007
  5. pkny

pkny

Hydro

Isn't all this assuming he's attempting a scalping sort of style? What about trading off of a 5 min chart or someting like that?, trying to riding a trend? Are the odds that bad if a newer trader trades a 'slower' time frame?

thanks

#55     Aug 14, 2007
  6. My live account will be open tomorrow. Very exciting. :D

#56     Aug 28, 2007