Why am i better at day trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cashmoney69, Jun 5, 2007.

1. That's great!

Usually on demo they don't deduct the commissions, they want you to get hooked on their platform and love it for free! haha

Good luck!

MrWallStreet

#11     Jun 5, 2007
  2. My results arn't looking too hot any more :(

#12     Jun 7, 2007
  3. I shot a 4 under par on my X-box Tiger Woods PGA game.

Why did the PGA hang up on me when i asked them to let me in on the tour after 2 days of stellar results on the game?

#13     Jun 7, 2007
  4. gaj

gaj

i'm a much better daytrader than i am swing trader. i can teach others the swing part, but i don't have the discipline to maintain the positions and let my winners run far enough.

and i know others who can swing trade well, but aren't very good at daytrading.

i know how much risk i can take on intraday trades, and most of the time, there won't be an oddball event / halt to screw up my risk. overnight / a few days, obviously, the risk ratio changes.

so, yes, it's possible to make more money daytrading than swing trading. all depends on the person.

#14     Jun 7, 2007
  5. l2tradr

l2tradr

Same NYCHotshot form IHUB?

#15     Jun 7, 2007
  6. trading with real money is far different from paper trading..real money revolves around emotion whereas paper trading does not..trust me on this.. start trading with real money but keep your size small.

#16     Jun 7, 2007
  7. You're a Natural Born Day Trader...

To be a successful trader, half the battle is finding out the true you hidden in the midst of noize.

#17     Jun 7, 2007
  8. Before you get ahead of yourself, here is a dose of reality. Forget the emotion part for now.

You do not have the slightest idea of what slippage is like in live intraday trading of stocks. You are fighting against computers for fills, as well as hundreds of panicky daytraders. The slippage will turn winners into scratches, scratches into losses and losses into hits. You won't get filled properly on great set ups quite often, which will sometimes cause you to be stopped out when on paper it should have been a great trade.

Even with 100 shares, you will feel this. Now imagine doing it with 1000 share lots.

And then extrapolate these issues into how much they will amplify your emotions.

Paper trading is a world away from real trading. That's why paper trading results mean jack sh*t. Paper trading is for brainstorming methodologies, trading strategies and rules. It's like warm up before the match.

#18     Jun 7, 2007

9. So whats the trick?

and yes, even on the demo I feel slippage on a 200 share trade.. 100 goes off, then the next 100 .02 higher or more depending on the volatility. But I dont scalp, so a good trade to me is .50+...again depending on the stock.

cm

#19     Jun 7, 2007
  10. bump

#20     Jun 12, 2007