Why all the fuss about the Dow tanking?...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CartelTrader, Jul 20, 2002.

1. If you are a trader you can make money out of this volatility.

I must say that although I made far fewer trades this week I actually made money.

The volatility in this market (400 point intraday swings) is where the money is made if you know what to look for and cut your losses in a heart beat.

If you are holding large overnight positions and refuse to cut losses you are not going to be around for long.

:cool:

2. I think it is wrong to sell short and discourage it. Overnight trading on margin is the best way to go. You don't need any stops just let your position do whatever it want's to. You will know you are wrong when you get a margin call. That is the easiest and most disciplined way to trade a market like this.

3. EXACTLY CARTELTRADER. the volatility has been wonderful. i am more afraid that the regulatory idiots might do something to eliminate this volatility and thereby " screw up " my daytrading.

4. egildone

egildone

You must have really,really deep pockets to trade like that!

:D :D
    Ed

5. nuton

nuton

:p

6. Trade555....I am glad you discourage going short. It means I get to take your money.

7. The market is always bullish if it weren't annalists would tell you to sell. Our economy must always' expand. I will always' buy no matter how big the margin call's get. If I have to I will work two job's to keep up with my margin call's I will because I have faith in the market.

8. Do you trade with Brown & Co too? :)

What a load of crap about not short selling. People watching their life's savings go down the drain? Hahahah! SUFFER!!! Welcome to the free market folks!

9. Better I take their money than they take mine. :D

I love the people like Art cashin who say short selling is risky due to unlimited risk.

There are plenty more 60.00 stocks that have gone to zero than 20.00 shorts going to "infinity". What crap. Shorting a market like this is as much fun as the bull markets of the 1990's. Short on Monday, collect your profits on Friday.

10. Yeah, I think that its great that there are people who work 2 jobs to cover their margins b/c they wont go short. It means I can trade 6 hours a day, then fuck around with my cars, golf, and booze the rest of the day thanks to my bullets.

#10     Jul 21, 2002