Why AGW deniers are the biggest idiots in history

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kut2k2, Jun 6, 2010.

1. cstfx

cstfx

It's not global warming.

It's global climate change. That's what it is called now.

#11     Jun 7, 2010
  2. Ricter

Ricter

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

So, just how confused are you? ; )

#12     Jun 7, 2010
  3. Any mind is a confusing thing for a conservative.

#13     Jun 7, 2010
  4. Would you use the same argument in regard to the existance of God? God must exist because of all the controversy that surrounds the Atheist deniers? That would be silly, now wouldn't it?
    The reason for all the controversy is exactly the same for religion and global warming...NO PROOF! Fabricating proof isn't proof, and the global warming cultists have been exposed to have tampered with the evidence. The "idiots" are those that believe in someone's nonsense after the evidence has proven otherwise. If Maddoff was still looking for investors, Global Warming cultists would be a prime market.

#14     Jun 7, 2010
  5. jem

jem

Why doesn't maher shows the facts which prove man made global warming.

I will grant him global warming...
    He has to grant me that earth has a history of warming and cooling.

Now.. show me that man has significantly influenced warming....

Now that we know you cant prove man made global warming.. lets respond to pollution in a rational manner.

#15     Jun 7, 2010
  6. rew

rew

There are three things the author failed to consider. The first is that people believe what they want to believe, unless reality forces the truth down their throats. It is highly unpleasant to think that human caused global warming is real because that would mean that certain aspects of your life, such as having cheap electricity or a car, might be nonviable over the long term. The second is that some politically correct scientists at the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit decided to censor dissenting views and withhold information from dissenting scientists, as revealed in the "climate gate" e-mail controversy. That gave people just the excuse they needed to label the whole global warming thing a hoax.

Finally, Al Gore, Mr. Global Warming, owns a mansion that uses many times the electricity of the average American house. So when they see America's biggest exponent of global warming profiting off the theory while living a hypocritical lifestyle they find it hard to take him seriously.

#16     Jun 7, 2010
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

You need to talk to the other conservatives posting in this thread. They obviously have a religious objection to ANY kind of global warming.

As to MMGW, use basic logic: The majority of humans who have ever lived are alive today. We've had ever increasing industry and manufacturing for going on two centuries now. And a major by-product of industry are greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide. So in what way would human artificial generation of carbon dioxide not be a significant contributor to global warming?

By the time we get the "absolute proof" you demand, it will be too late to correct the problem. Are you just another end-times nihilist? A lot of the posters on your side seem to be.

#17     Jun 7, 2010
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

All good points. Thanks for presenting a reasoned response instead of a knee-jerk diatribe that is so typical of GW deniers.

#18     Jun 7, 2010
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

Reading impaired as usual, I see. I was responding to the ridiculous claim that "nobody belives[sic] in global warming", not a claim that global warming doesn't exist. I would respond the same way to a ridiculous claim that "nobody belives[sic] in God", which is independent of whether or not God exists.
    The hottest years on record (since 1880) have all occurred in the last decade. It's a fact from NASA, not a fabrication from Al Gore. But of course a denier like you would never consider that to be evidence. You need the actual destruction to occur before you get a clue.

#19     Jun 7, 2010
  10. A whole 130 years of data, on a planet that's billions of years old and has went through dramatic changes over and over again, long before industrialized man made some smoke. You'll forgive me if I'm less than impressed.
    It was your gang that fudged the data, and your side that excluded anyone from the science community that questioned the findings. That makes the entire program suspect. Al Gore being a hypocrite has little to do with people being skeptical. He's just another log on an already raging inferno of bullshit.

#20     Jun 7, 2010