Why A US Consumption Tax....WILL Happen....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Oct 5, 2009.

1. AK100

AK100

The trouble is with a consumption tax is it probably puts a lot of government employees on the street as why for example does anyone need such a large tax force?

Yep, it makes sense which is why it probably won't happen.

#11     Oct 5, 2009
  2. Ha! Leave it to government to figure out ways to keep millions of imbeciles occupied screwing with the rest of the tax-paying population.

#12     Oct 5, 2009
  3. jprad

jprad

Which is exactly why a democratically controlled Congress will never pass it.

#13     Oct 5, 2009
  4. Daal

Daal

I just hope they dont tax non-resident aliens. I like amazon :D

#15     Oct 6, 2009
  5. bevo96

bevo96

5MM in Muni Bonds.

#16     Oct 6, 2009
  6. I have a way better proposition

CEO cannot make more than 20 times lowest income fulltime worker.

this will make the economy healthy again.

CEO do not carry risk, unlike small business owners. unless CEO owns 50%+ of shares in company, they cannot earn more than 20 times the lowest income in their organization.

No more greedy bastards!!!

#17     Oct 6, 2009
  7. No it won't make the economy more healthy, and its none of your business what a CEO makes unless your an investor in that company. You are the greedy bastard trying to tell everyone what a person should make.

#18     Oct 6, 2009
  8. He needs to move across the Atlantic (or Venezuela, Cuba...) where such views are appreciated.

#19     Oct 6, 2009
  9. aegis

aegis

The markets are no longer free in this country and haven't been in quite some time. Therefore, it is our business. When executive bonuses exceed company profits, it's our business.

#20     Oct 6, 2009