Why 90% of traders burn out?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fordewind, Jan 18, 2017.

1. I would be more inclined to say Scalper day traders lose money; it's so much easier to lose money scalping for peanut profits. You're lucky to break-even if that's what you're doing.

This isn't the 90's anymore -- that strategy game plan is not that feasible o_Oo_O
    Surfing/timing for the macro waves in the Day is slightly more advantageous though -- specially with options, you can carve out a nice % return.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    #31     Jan 18, 2017
  2. Surprise

Surprise

Bid Ask spread and leverage

#32     Jan 18, 2017
  3. big mac

big mac

Better known as the 90/90/90 rule:D

#33     Jan 18, 2017
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This is one of the main reasons.

#34     Jan 18, 2017
  5. Dustin

Dustin

$1m bp for a good trader with $25-50k down was very common 5-10 years ago (think Bright, Assent, Tuco etc). The prop industry has really consolidated due to a failing biz model, and it's harder nowadays to find that.

#35     Jan 18, 2017
    fordewind likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Took me twice as long to figure out how to Scalp, smaller the profits you target, tougher it gets, but I love to challenge myself . Burn-out happens cause lack of other activities, you need other outlets than staying in your cave all day, need to go out and play tennis, ping pong, go to movies, get out of the house. Take up another hobby other than slamming down keyboard or laptop, granted good exercise of picking up all the pieces after you come back from ER as they removed glass out your hand, those were the days my friend, I thought they never end.
    Everyone.....

#36     Jan 18, 2017
    fordewind and big mac like this.
  7. emg

emg

Why 90% of traders burn out?

why? because small traders do not have the minimum capital requirement to trade which is $100K per es contract. When small traders do not meet the minimum capital requirement, this is what happen:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More than 90% of small traders lose! They just lose!

#37     Jan 18, 2017
  8. Now that we've bashed the day traders/scalpers enough...what is the "losing rate" of swing traders? Logic/stats would imply that most SWING TRADERS lose too...anyone care to speculate on the success of the swingers?

#38     Jan 18, 2017
    big mac likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You mean this firm, genius? https://mescapitalgroup.com/

Yeah, go on, be a hack for them. Moron. Have fun dealing with the folks in Dubai.

#39     Jan 18, 2017
  10. It is.Just like is the daytraders net worth.

#40     Jan 18, 2017