whose watching the NBA draft

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OVERtheLINE, Jun 26, 2003.

1. you gotta love the big apple

2. o yea.. this belongs in trading. :-/

F. P.

3. prox

prox

You just get a feeling these imports that nobody has heard of are going to be big time stars in a few years.. like Dirk, Peja or Pau Gasol when they were drafted.

4. Just for the record : AAAbeltway is now on my IGNORE LIST!!!!

.....so is Optional, Cubano and anyone else that started the thread weeks ago called" HOW MUCH SHOULD AN NBS POWER FORWARD BENCH PRESS?"......we all laughed at the measly 185lb bench press that Mike Sweetney of Georgetown did........And then of course, my beloved Knicks go out and make him the 9th pick inthe draft!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I feel sick to my stomach!!! I was set up, Cursed!!!

Why must the knicks continually draft TWEENERS????

A little too small to play power forward, a little to slow and not a good enough shot to play small forward??????????

DOES anybody ANYWHERE REALLY FEEL LIKE MIKE SWEETNEY WAS THE 9TH BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD????

HE MAY NOT BE THE 9TH BEST PLAYER IN THE BIG EAST FOR Christ SAKE

i AM OFFICIALLY A MAGIC FAN...THE KNICKS ARE NOW DEAD TO ME....

5. Serena Williams can do 185.

6. They've certainly been dead as a franchise for quite a while.

They'll continue to suck for a very long time thanks to management decisions like this draft. And as long as they have idiots like Sprewell, I hope they wallow in turmoil and discontent.

7. Yeah, but, uh, Sweetney came from Georgetown, like Patrick, that's what's important... When he's fighting for position under the basket, all he has to say is, "Hey, I don't care how much you can benchpress, I'm from Georgetown, back off!" and the rebound is his. You watch. Genius move by the Knicks.

8. Do you have to rub it in ???? Truthfully though., I don't think it's sprewell that is the problem....Paying Allen Houston 12 million a year for 16 point a game ( all of them usually in the first half) is the problem...Houston has a nice shot but he can;t create hsi own shot...he'd be perfect on the lakers...Th knicks ave stopped trying to draft good players since Ewing and jackson were picked back in the 80's.....they try to do everything through trades and free agency....that doesn't work....You can fill out a team like San Antonio did but for the most part you have to have your core set.