Whose Traded with Capital Traders Group?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mastertrader456, Aug 31, 2011.

1. sub-accounts are becoming close to non-existent anymore. All the private-equity structured firms are registered/in-registration-process/owned by the broker-dealer. Anyone who evens talks to someone about trading needs a 56/7 and a 24. Only clerical work is not required to register anymore. It's near impossible (and now very illegal) for the old sub-account prop deal. Be happy. the laws are to protect you and tax revenues, not the firms.

see the regulatory circular on sub-accounts here: https://www.cboe.org/publish/RegCir/RG10-101.pdf

#11     Sep 1, 2011
  2. Thanks for the link EvOTrAdEr. I agree any firm that does not allow a U4 and a 56 is something to watch to out for. I'm not saying all, but there are some that are just out there.

#12     Sep 4, 2011
  3. Just thought Id clear the rumor mill since elitetrader is full of rumors regarding CTG. I joined CTG and have had nothing but positive experiences thus far. They do require fingerprints and U4, etc. I have my Series 7 and they are holding my licenses. Commissions are dirt cheap, execution is lightening fast. Doron always responds quickly with any issues I have.

They clear thru wedbush which has the most extensive easy to borrow list I have ever seen. Im a scalper and the seconds saved from having to locate those hard to borrow stocks is crucial.

If your looking to trade remote CTG is legit. Leverage provided is 20:1 but only 2:1 for overnights. You shouldnt be holding overnights in this market any way. All the routes plus dark pools. Im getting crazy price improvement thru the dark liquidity provided. Trades dont even hit the tape most of the time. I love this shady market.

Fees are standard, nothing hidden. Total about 400 a month with them but I added Nyse openbook, totalview, futures, etc. I wish they partnered with madscan or trade the news for cheaper rates but I subscribe to those independently.

Anyway my two cents. Take it for what its worth.

#13     Oct 1, 2011
  4. bearnine

bearnine

I used to trade full time in there on there computers, so i know the guys well, really good guys // funny. I am now moved down the hall but i stop in every few days to chat with them, they've come a ways since the winter, the room is almost always full and good customer service(they actually answer the phone).

Oh yea and there WTS rates are killer.

#14     Oct 1, 2011
  5. hitnrun

hitnrun

they are a sub of wts & wts holds your license right?

you say dirt cheap commissions

What is you commission? For how much monthly volume?

thanks

#15     Oct 1, 2011
  6. Ya thats correct. I pay .003 with half a million shares a month. They can go down to .0175 if your volume is high enough. I just joined so my volume is low untill I get used to the software, etc.

#16     Oct 1, 2011
  7. hitnrun

hitnrun

that is a high rate even with 500k shares a month .

wts has some of the most compettitive rates . ctg does not.

you should be paying 2.50 min.

traders that trade 1 mil shares per month pay about 1.50-2.00 with many prop firms

You should neg a better rate

#17     Oct 1, 2011
  8. bearnine

bearnine

CTG can go as low as 30 cents a thousand, thats like dirt cheap.

#18     Oct 1, 2011
  9. i traded with them before. their rates were really good and the previous guys are right when they say they have awesome customer service. I went from CTG straight to WTS and I'm rethinking joining their group. It's tough getting personal attention and direction for progressing your trading at WTS. CTG's rates were actually pretty good:

for scalping they were giving 30 cents per 1k (when I was with them it included C, SIRI, S, ALU. Now traders are making good profits off BAC)

and for trading outside those stocks I was paying around $3 for a million shares a month with I consider good (compare that to bright's fees: http://www.stocktrading.com/fees2011.html)

CTG is a great aspect of WTS and i've seen a few request to join them for the coaching and stuff like that just because they know ctg doesn't charge for it. it's not as easy with WTS given they have something like 2000 traders so the staff is not as easy to approach. CTG actually has really good customer service - that's something hard to find in the prop business..a big portion of the cbsx firms aren't on point in that aspect.

Of course, you should shop around to see what rates are available at different firms, but their rates definitely are attractive relative to other firms IMO and their minimums were lower than most which made it a pretty good bet.

#19     Oct 1, 2011
  10. hitnrun

hitnrun

bearnine

you mentioned. CTG the commission can go as low as 30 cents per k.

what is the profit payout 70 % ?

the rates i mentioned in this thread are for prop firms that pay

95-100 % payout. common with 1.50- 2.00 per k comm. based on volume

#20     Oct 3, 2011