Whose right me or Sheldon Natenberg?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by YoungNAmbitious, Jan 5, 2003.

1. It was a miscalculation, which must have been revised, probably after others pointed out the same error to him

(Funny that it should appear on pages 36-37, when the equation involved is 36-38 :))

#11     Jan 5, 2003
  2. Its good that this is corrected in the more recent addition. I have the 1998 addition (maybe I should get the newer one). The reason this bothered me enough to post is that it will be difficult for me to accurately evaluate most of the things he says in this book since I know practically nothing about options. Since I am able to evaluate his roulette example it's being wrong makes me a bit leery about the rest of the book. (However I know everyone says great things about it......). Of course it can just be a simple careless error that doesn't mean anything............it's just scary that's all.

#12     Jan 5, 2003
  3. Any book on trading that's a few years old is bound to be missing some of the newer developments that have come about since it was published. I'm sure most of what is written in that book is still relevant to the basics of options. But it can't tell you everything about the options market in 2003.

For instance, there are 5 options exchanges in operation now. And options prices go on 5 cent and 10 cent increments now, since decimalization. No more prices in fractions.

#13     Jan 5, 2003

4. you tell us

you are playing one

(in case you hadn't noticed)

#14     Jan 5, 2003
  5. Not unless you find an edge.

#15     Jan 5, 2003
  6. Very insightful reply. Thanks!

#16     Jan 5, 2003