Whose balls is Elliot going to break next?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Jun 19, 2002.

1. My vote would be for options market makers. Such an easy target, just like Merrill was.

Of course, if he gets 100mil from them, they'll probably go out of business, so maybe that's why he's been holding off.

I say Elliot gets Man of the Year. Political views aside, it was pretty shrewd of him as a politician to hit the securities markets.

It's not like the SEC would've ever done anything anyway...now there's this big snowball effect from the chinese walls coming down, and the whole enron thing...pretty interesting times we're living in.

2. Elliot Spitzer did what had to be done long ago. But he lost a bit of my respect when MER got fined an amount lower than annual postage expenses.

3. Yeah, I agree, but the really funny thing is that MER is probably one of the more honest firms. Those e mails just made them an easy target is all...

I'd love to see salomon or morgan get crucified by spitzer. Those bastards have it coming to them, especially salomon...bunch of scheisters, those guys...I can't even count the number of times they downgrade right before earnings because they have inside info that earnings will be strong, load up during the selloff, then upgrade following the spectacular earnings report, and use that extra boost to dump all the stock they accumulated following the initial downgrade.