Who's your trading idol?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Dec 21, 2006.

1. karsat

karsat

Millenium Man and Szeven

#21     Dec 21, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

how about 3 reasons since he blew up a couple of times.

#22     Dec 21, 2006
  3. please allow me to provide 3 reasons:

1. more top traders/fund managers have resulted from his tutelage than anyone else i know. monroe trout and tony crabel are examples.

2. He came from meager means and built quite the life from the markets. He was certainly not born with a silver spoon. Proving that anyone with the desire,passion, and intelligence can make it.

3. After being one of the top ranked money manager in the world, he blew up in 1997. Since that time, he has rebuilt his firm and reputation to once again be among the top ranked money managers operating today. I can't name one other trader/money manager who has come back to top rankings after such a disastrous blowup.

There are multiple additional reasons why VN should be listed on any trading hero/legends list, the above are just a few primary reasons.

Regards,

surfer

#23     Dec 21, 2006
  4. Jaime

Jaime

I gotta go with Neiderhoffer too, if you need some reasons, try reading "The Education of a Speculator".

Since I like making a mess, I will also nominate Merriweather.

:D

#24     Dec 22, 2006
  5. Neiderhoffer is no Blue Streek.:D

#25     Dec 22, 2006
  6. Zanger and Livermore, no doubt. As for Livermore, it's important to NOT BLOW UP like he did several times :)

#26     Dec 22, 2006
  7. One of the First True "Day Traders" Richard Wyckoff and his market principals still hold up today. Long live volume analysis.

#27     Dec 22, 2006
  8. Jack Broz, a traders trader, wonderful mentor

#28     Dec 22, 2006
  9. basis

basis

Oh, and Jim Simons of Renaissance. Holy shit do they rule.

#29     Dec 22, 2006
  10. my hat is off to Harris Brumfield....as far as ET goes, Lescor is the man.

#30     Dec 22, 2006