Who's Your Discount Broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by alexandercho, May 11, 2012.

Who's Your Broker? Chose Other if NOT listed

1. TD Ameritrade

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Scottrade

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Interactive Broker

27 vote(s)
    45.0%
  4. Options Xpress

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Share Builder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. MB Trading

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. E*trade

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. Options House

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Charles Schwabb

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. Zecco Trading

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  11. ShareBuilder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Who's your broker, and why'd you chose them? I use Scottrade, and I chose them because of convenience.

2. This could be helpful to understand who's getting all the business, and finding out why!

3. Who's your daddy?

4. lol

5. Bob111

Bob111

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............are you seriously can call them discount brokers? Ib-Mb-maybe..but scottrade? TD?

who's getting what business? f** .. LOL

6. *Shrugs* People buy things beyond commissions. Not everyone is a day trader you know.

7. If you buy 500 or fewer shares, IB comes out ahead. Compare a trade of 5,000 shares at IB vs Scottrade. Scottrade and other flat-rate brokers compare well.

8. fred1

fred1

cheapest up to a few hundred shares is ib

cheapest for 1000 shares is just2trade.com

lightspeed is cheap also for trading 1000 shares

9. Eh you guys care a lot about price, don't blame ya'll. Every bit counts when you trade.

10. Dieter

Dieter

it was about the trading expenses for equities, but...

I am an US equity day and swing-trader, so Chart trading is essential, but with TWS a mess, there is no tick chart and no weekly or monthly chart.

They tried to improve TWS charts within the last years, made many enhancements, but the charting still remains poor. F.e. daily candlesticks have often some unreadable candlesticks.

If you switch often between different chart resolutions you will get frustrated with the poor datafeed. Comparing with my online trading room (lightspeed, sterling and other platform) you get different chartings in TWS or don't see anything, because datafeed limitation (within 10 minutes you can only refresh a low amount of different charts ....)

Their quotes are slow and they don't give true ticks and gives erroneous readings all the time.

The slippage on my fills are not reproducable, if you start
    simultaneously trading with another platform, you see the bad fills in TWS.

If you hold positions over the weekend, you will be astonished how few you have on your account after liquidatino - there are always some $$ fewer which cannot been explained correctly....

After changed to professional platforms I know, I should switch much earlier !

IBW could be a starting point for your trading, but after you get more knowledge, you should upgrade to the professional camp.

#10     May 12, 2012