Who's trading methodology do you consider to be the best?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by donaldduck3419, May 16, 2003.

1. *****************************

Typical poll ,its slanted incorrectly !!! At least mr Don Duck gave his nickname unlike national media .

With all due respect to top traders Tony Oz,''General Kevin Haggerty'' I like them both. Like thier books.

Jack Schwager rightly sub titled his 3 better books''top
    traders'':) :cool:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

#21     May 17, 2003
  2. dkm

dkm

Dunnigan

#22     May 17, 2003
  3. lindq

lindq

Mine.

#23     May 17, 2003
  4. For a poll of this to have any significance its gotta have more than 4 choices... there must be at least 50 vendors out there worthy of inclusion on such a poll... the logistical issue here is that, as currently constructed, the ET poll software only allows for 10 options... therefore the best way to get a feel for people's views on the various book, chatroom, seminar and software vendors, all of whom have methodologies to implicitly or explicitly sell, is to simply list them and leave the thread open for debate... something like what I did for the Market Wizards books... http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17580

In respect of my views of the 4 folks listed on this poll, my choices would be for Oz and Miller... simply because I have read their work and find it to be 'sensible' (i.e. based on good trading foundations)... I don't know enough about the other two guys to comment... but the point in trading is to develop your own unique style that you feel comfortable trading on a day to day basis... I enjoy reading the books and websites of the various vendors and integrating bits of their ideas into my thinking... but I don't think its possible to trade another guy's style in its totality, unless the guy has created an automated system and you are a 100% systems trader with complete and utter belief in the vendor's system...

#24     May 18, 2003
  5. That's like having a survey that saids...
    Porsche :cool: [​IMG]
    Bruce Lee

[​IMG]

#25     May 18, 2003
  6. vinigar

vinigar

#26     May 18, 2003
  7. To be a vendor and milk struggling traders year in and year out. Very stable and good money. Only part joke.

#27     May 18, 2003
  8. splphil

splphil

#28     May 18, 2003
  9. I want to thank everyone who responded to this thread. And all those that will in the future. Thanks for taking it seriously and giving out some names. Also, thanks to those who supported me for putting this thread up.

One name that struck me, was Linda Rashke, i don't really know anything about her. What type of a strategy does she use? How does she advise to trade? I would be really curious to hear about it.

#29     May 19, 2003
  10. vinigar

vinigar

Go to her web site:

https://www.lbrgroup.com/index.asp?page=DefaultPage

Sign the guest book....this will get you many free articles she has written....this will give you some insight about her.

Next....use your search function on your browser to find articles about her...."The Holy Grail" ....."Hammer" etc....if you dig deep enough you will find out what she is about.

I also suggest strongly that you check out the Phantom...or POP
    from my earlier Post....Tony Oz is good also.

#30     May 19, 2003