Who's trading methodology do you consider to be the best?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by donaldduck3419, May 16, 2003.

1. The most common names mentioned by a few...often with personal attacks on the names...

does not mean they are the most popular trading style traders are following.

It simply means they are the most popular names being debated about.

There is a difference.

I'm still curious why you didn't name all the other names mentioned here at ET...which would have been easily represented by the word Other in your survey.

ET has too many misleading polls and this is just another one added to the those misleading polls.

That's relevant.

If I'm wrong...you won't see ETers posting replies naming other traders that you failed to mention...

other traders that have been discussed here...just not heavily debated about as your four you named.

NihabaAshi

#11     May 17, 2003
  2. That is a good idea...NA

why don't you start another poll/thread on that subject?

#12     May 17, 2003
  3. ditto that. For large scale tradeable ideas, Soros's methodology is the probably my favorite as well.

#13     May 17, 2003
  4. gms

gms

Just curious, as I've noticed this on your signature a few times. Where is this quoted from? And was it before or after his 1860 speech at Cooper Union, before he was president, where he implored the audience with, they said, "passionate" reasons to stop the spread of slavery?

#14     May 17, 2003
  5. fat_slut

fat_slut Guest

why becuase you are too fu*king lazy to do it yourself iceman?
    who cares, following someone else's style can only give you components to use in yours. you ultimately have to decide if you are risk averse/ loving and trade around your personal parameters. the more people that know a certain system, such as those published by those 4 guys, the less effective it becomes- the edge is diminished. i have an edge, will i ever publish it for every idiot out there to use? hell no!!

#15     May 17, 2003
  6. You know so far, I am sad to say, there haven't been any really good posts here. A few attacks on the thread itself, but nothing actaully pertaining to the thread, except for maybe 2 replies about Laurence Connor and George Soros.
    I wanted to strat this thread to help out those looking for a good trading style, to help them collect more information about it. But, so far, the only thing we are getting here is people talking about how unpopular or uneffective those peoples styles are. If you have a good style, or know of one, why not share it with others?
    Are you affraid for the critisism? If a lot of people are doing your style that will only help the stock go in your directoin beacause there are enough people pushing it there.

I am the one who voted for Don Miller, out of almost 800 people that saw the thread, only 16 voted. It doesn't matter to me that I am the only one voting for him, because his style works for me. I have Tony Oz's course and I am not very happy with it. Not exactly what i was looking for. Don Miller, for me on the other hand, is a great system.

A lot of people do not agree with me on Don Miller because they never gave him a proper chance to see if it works. Plus, it requires a tremendous amount of discipline, and most people, do not have it. Most people are looking for a quick buck, and are not willing to wait to earn it.

But hey, to each his own.

#16     May 17, 2003
  7. pretzel

pretzel

LBR

pretzel

#17     May 17, 2003
  8. kernan

kernan

I don't know why so many people are giving you so much crap - if the name doesn't appear in the poll, just post it here. My methodology is my own - the kernan methodology - and it is pulled from bits and pieces of the following:

1. Candlesticks (anthing by Nison, although he is the most god-awful boring person if you watch his tapes or attend his seminar)
    2. LBR and Connors
    3. Farley - site (Hardrigtedge), and book
    4. Stan Weinstein - one of the best books ever for my longer term positions
    5. Rick LaPoint, tradethemove.com, Scott Carney, and other Fibonacci resources...

and finally - the first book I read on TA, Edwards and Magee - TA of Stock Trends

Oh year - and James Cramer because you can make a living doing the opposite of what he says. And all those services that taught me what not to do after I watched their completely backward ass way of trying to trade - I won't list them for fear of legal action...

#18     May 17, 2003
  9. Linda raschke

#19     May 17, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Richard Wyckoff

#20     May 17, 2003