Who's trading foreign markets? Who's winning?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wilburbear, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Ok, I'll agree that (aside from yesterday) vol has been a little lower in the past couple weeks. But, compare it to the Dow. Still much better vol. Maybe not as volatile as the Brazilian real, but by no means stagnant.

#11     Mar 20, 2006
  2. of course, no q about that; but I have to look at r/r and stocks offer better odds right now...for what regards us futs, well, cannot stand them... especially ym/es, would never trow me money into a pit filled with ultracompetitive boxes: I don't stand a chance.

#12     Mar 20, 2006
  3. Are there options on the Nikkei? If so, who offers them?

#13     Mar 20, 2006
  4. #14     Mar 20, 2006
  5. no problems for volumes on sgx options: autoquotes with 50lots each side all da time. spread is somewhat eccessive tho, more than 10points.

u can trade them through ib.

#15     Mar 20, 2006
  6. That's what we call liquidity. Not volume. Heavy volume is beneficial when you don't like pissing your profits away on the spread.

#16     Mar 20, 2006
  7. Thank you for your help. So it's 25 tick correct which is made up of a 5 tick spread, $5 per tick. Am I getting this so far? When does the market close? I have been doing my best to learn what I can about the basics in the last 2 hours, just not alot of info in one place. Thanks in advance for your help :) I love candlesticks and I am looking forward to learning about this market.

Dan

#17     Mar 20, 2006
  8. yes u right but thats what should be worrin' u most. volumes are flat most of da time, sometimes no more than 2 trades take place in a week. another setback: impossible to trade back months.

#18     Mar 20, 2006
  9. It is 5 JPY per tick with a multiplier of 500. A move of 1 tick is equivalent to a 2,500 Yen move per contract in your position.

#19     Mar 20, 2006
  10. If you're talking about NKD which trades on Globex, then yes, it's $5 per point, and each tick is 5 points, so $25 per tick. So if you buy at 16,510 and sell at 16,515, you make $25. If you're talking about NK on SGX, or NIY on Globex, then it's 2500 yen per tick.

Singapore stops trading at 3 a.m. EST. But, Globex starts trading then.

#20     Mar 20, 2006