Who's trading foreign markets? Who's winning?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wilburbear, Mar 19, 2006.

1. We traders (USA) who work from home, can easily access the markets at any time of the day or night.

Is anyone winning in the overseas markets?

2. Anybody?

3. Use the search feature and type in either DAX, ESTX50, BUND, FTSE 100, CAC 40 or Hang Seng to find some U.S. traders trading these instruments.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/search.php?s=

Then pm anyone that sounds like they know what they are doing.

There are other trading instruments but I just wanted to mention a few.

Mark

4. Nikkei. Wonderful market. profitable

5. Can you elaborate about the conditions there that lead to profitability?

6. Volatility.

7. Correct (volatility). Nikkei has a fat, trending nature. Compare to YM (which is by far my favorite US trading instrument).

Nikkei is at roughly 16k. Many days it will have several swings from 50 to 150 pts at a time.

Compare that to YM, which is at roughly 11k, and the relative swing sizes (intraday).

I don't like the spread on Nikkei (i trade the futures through Singapore), which is 5 pts, but i try to use it to my advantage, by buying the bid and selling the ask.

8. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me when the Nikkei opens on the Singapore Exchange EST? Thanks so much.

Dan

9. 6:45 p.m. eastern time (although I think on Mar 26 we go to DST, so I think they'll be an extra hour ahead of us then)

edit: I believe you can begin entering orders at 6:30, starts trading at 6:45. (the cash index starts trading at 7)

10. nikkei was very good when bubblin' about a couple of months or so ago; vols might be pickin' up now but we far away from those 400-600points intraday swings...we been stuck with 50points ranges for quite some time now and with $25tick spread ain't me cup of coffee anymore.
    things may change soon tho, ystdy was a pretty decent session with a huge 300points rally on da sgx futs and if it last I might get back in.

#10     Mar 20, 2006