Who's the Better Trader?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TooL, Oct 7, 2005.

1. With management fees of 6% and 20%, he better be. :D

#41     May 25, 2006
  2. dabao91

dabao91

Thanks, Grob and Formika. I agree. Our current 8% standard deviation of monthly returns is a lot more comfortable than the 16% we targeted during 2004 when we had the 50% drawdown. I sleep better at night without hundreds and hundreds of contracts on and earlier this month I even took my first vacation since starting Schindler Trading.

We're up 22% for 2006 so far and with our lower volatility I can already start to feel good about this probably being a profitable year. A friend joked to me tonight saying I should just put our money in a 9-month CD for the rest of the year and come back in January.

Over the upcoming months you can follow Schindler Trading's performance here and see if we make some more money and have a whopper of a year or if we lose what we've already made and have a down year.

By the way, here is what an equity curve with a 50% drawdown followed by a 126% runup looks like... Does anyone else know of any recoveries from such a large drawdown? Until I lived it, I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

What software tool you use to generate your nice looking performance chart?

#42     Mar 12, 2007