Who's the best Forex Prop firm out there?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by donaldduck3419, Apr 9, 2004.

1. My understanding, Don, is that Bright is looking into it. Guess I was wrong. As far as other equity firms offering it, they are looking at it but they dont know the bizz so they are in no rush. The more FX online trading takes off and the more press it gets they will have no choice.

Online pricing has gotten so good along with execution that scalping and day trading the FX market is possible.

I think they thought the same thing when the ECN world was taking off in '96. Look what happened then.

I'll take being the only game in town, just call us the Guinea Pigs!

#41     Apr 28, 2004
  2. Guess we will continue to be the only Game in town Don.

Just remember what the ECN world was like back in '96.

Nobody thought day trading would take off like it did.

In fact it was my understanding that Bright was looking into trading forex?

As the industry continues to explode it will just be a matter of time until all prop firms offer it.

Auto execution, LIQUIDITY, fixed spreads, guranteed stops and limits, NO COMMISSIONS. If you are a scalper there is no better market. guess we will see if we survive.

#42     Apr 28, 2004
  3. traderob

traderob

Goldenchild,
    I see yesterday you ridiculed DON for his criticism of forex firms. Yet today we have this from you. As FXCM is the largest forex broker it seems Don wasn't far off with his comments.

#43     Apr 28, 2004
  4. Let's take a Reality/Sanity break... you all know by now that even though I realize that I may not be "loved" by all... that even my detractors have shown me some respect as a member of our online community.... and I have exchanged PM's with Managers of 2 FX firms, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I am in hopes of putting together an article and/or a radio broadcast about the "latest" in the FX world.

Forex has come out several times in the last few years, and perhaps one day (maybe even now)..things have changed while I blinked...and since we are all part of the same "trading planet" - vs. the rest of the "9-5" world, I try to keep an open mind about the various trading vehicles.

I have simply asked these gentlemen to prepare some real numbers for me (# of traders in the Prop FX firms, profitability of the traders, "deals"...etc.)...and so far I have heard from one gentleman who is "looking forward to further discussions"...good!

If someone is willing to risk their money for someone else's trading ventures, then more power to them...if they are simply profiting from some sort of "multi-level marketing scheme" then let's take them to task...as gentlemen...as members of society, not as Liberal vs. Conservative extremists... We all love America, we all want to have a good life for our families... Some just choose a more questionable route to the financial end...let's work together to week them out...but keep the court of public opinion open to those who may have simply strayed for a while..

Some really good people, have had to resort to less than upstanding methods of making a living to suppor their families...

and some people may have found the edge to Forex trading, and are willing to share this with the public.... or are at least willing to share their money with those for the mutual benefit...

My gut feelings still stand about FX trading....(don't want to be accused of "waffling" LOL)...but I am also willing to listen to all sides...and review the successes of those participating....

Sorry for the long not....

Golden....we may have more in common than you think...

Don

#44     Apr 28, 2004
  5. Sure... a little bit here...more in PM's .... You seem to be passionate about trading..(well, duh?), You seem to enjoy being part of the "online communtiy"...and you seem to be up for a bit of a verbal battle at times....and it seems that you, too, have seen more than your share of charlatans in this business...

Just a feeling.... am I wrong?

Don:confused:

#45     Apr 28, 2004
  6. Thanks, Golden, for the PM's.... and all the best.... I am posting this simply to show that traders may confront one-another at times, but if we keep it civil...we can actually learn from on another....

Peace...

Don

#46     Apr 29, 2004
  7. If you are looking for a place to learn to trade the FX markets you have found the ONLY firm that hires their trainees to trade firm capital.

We have programs for remote traders as well that cannot come to out NYC office to train.

Experienced traders are welcome to come to our facility to trade. you get Bloomberg, bank research, market meetings, charts and more. All this only costs $500 per month and the training is Free.

Currently we are the only game in town.

We hold interview/seminars each thursday at our facility.

Email us for more details.

#47     May 1, 2004