Who's the best Forex Prop firm out there?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by donaldduck3419, Apr 9, 2004.

1. You might want to read this "Adapt or Die" article from after the bubble burst....

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/012003/Abstracts_new/Bright/bright.html

I'll even include a bit more detail of the article...

http://www.stocktrading.com/Adapting.doc (I actually agree with you about "adapting.")....

And, as I've stated in the past (many times)...I answer about 50 emails a day plus IM's from my traders....and just leave the screen up for quick responses....and this is how I research for articles and my radio show....a lot of good questions from ET'ers, and I do my best to help.

In fact, I am now going to devote a full segment on the radio show about the Forex markets. Perhaps you can give me the names of the "few good forex firms" ....so that I can have a "fair and balanced" discussion...and include them in my magazine article....(I'm serious, let me know which one you trade with and a good contact person)...

I usually take things at face value, and don't read too much into each question...and give an honest answer....(remember, my Compliance and Regulatory people read every single post of mine).... my answers aren't always what people want to hear.. and may not even be popular at times.... and I've had my mind changed a few times by some spirited and constructive debate.

So, perhaps we can get along...pass on those names... maybe they will give you a discounted rate in exchange for some PR.

Don (moron in denial, LOL)...

:cool:

#31     Apr 12, 2004
  2. per my recent online conversation---prop fx is no longer allocating capital to traders, however they may resume in the future, contact them if interested.

surfer :)

#32     Apr 12, 2004
  3. Marketsurfer:

fxcm/refco see:
    http://www.fxcm.com/investor-refco.html

fx benefits: small account/trading margin; instant fills; guaranteed stops; no commissions; pip spreads as low as 1 pip; overloss prevention; 24 hr mkt; tradeability. Wallace.

#33     Apr 12, 2004
  4. Thanks for the info on Prop. FX. I can understand why they stopped backing traders with their own capital pretty quick (i guess I missed my chance to short them and take a quick profit). Anway, I will be in NYC on Fri. The WSJ would be coming more as a casual observer not really as sanctioned press coverage (in fact, I don't think she'd want it known that she's even there), more like a friend type thing. Let's talk about it on Fri. or in private. Best, Neal.

#34     Apr 12, 2004
  5. #35     Apr 12, 2004
  6. Thanks for the PM's...and I know some of the people at Refco, and I hope to meet some more via your assistance.

A "state of forex trading in 2004" kind of a thing....let's get some facts....if anyone can name another firm (Refco is much more than just prop forex, of course)...then please let me know...

(see, isn't it better when we get along?)....

Don

#36     Apr 12, 2004
  7. Donaldduck3419,

Refco Trading Services/Macfutures provides capital and allows traders to trade currency futures. Go to www.refco.com and search for ‘Refco Trading Services’ for contact info.

#37     Apr 28, 2004
  8. The smiley face was nice..try to at least use spellcheck and grammar check before questioning others about: them "aren't educated about" (a mind is a terrible thing to waste),: its: (incorrect usage) "you makes underlying intent" (you have to be kidding)...I will make a leap and assume that you may still be in some sort of school...and wish you the best with your education.

(The above is just some silliness back at ya, not trying to be mean). :)

Now for a serious comment...

if you would like to have either a public or private discussion of Forex trading...please let me / us know. Let us know a bit about your trading records, overall success, and then I can ask some of my friends from Refco to join in the discussion.

One of my secondary business ventures is called "Investor Awareness" - and that is where most of my comments come from. And, if you think about it, couldn't I/we trade anything we want? We prefer to give our people the best chance for success, and we make a lot less (as a firm) from the commissions we charge than if we were to get into the Forex business.

I have stayed off of the Forex section out of deference for members of ET....I think I made one or two comments about FX on this thread only...

It's a free Country, please trade whatever you like and I wish you the best of luck.

Don

#38     Apr 28, 2004
  9. I reviewed some initial posts...

Excellent post Don
    04-09-04 09:39 PM
    Thanks, Don. I figured this out a while back, good to have confirmation.
    04-09-04 11:23 PM
    in my mind
    the only forex prop firms out there that make or lose the big

buckaroos are the major banks ...
    10-04 07:44 AM
    Shill Securities is now offering Forex trading with 300x leverage. MM's at Shill will give you the tightest spreads in the industry. Typically less than 10 pips wide in EUR and ShillExpress is the leader in Forex order entry technology. I understand that Shill gives payouts OVER 105% as well

----------------------------------------------------------------

And thank you...I do want to be sure that my credibility is intact.

Don

#39     Apr 28, 2004
  10. Hi All !!!

I have gone over all of your replies and didn't see anyone mention the name of any PROP FX FIRMS.

That's because there are none EXCEPT for ONE, THE ONLY FIRM IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW IS THE COMPANY I WORK FOR - Global FX Remote Group, LLC

Check out their web site at http://www.globalfxllc.com

Global FX has:

1. A proffesional state of the art trading facility in NYC where you can come and trade

2. A team of experienced traders that train and critique all your trades at the end of the day

3. Three Screen set up : Trading Platform, Charts & Bloomberg Live News and Research

4.Traders are provided with specific trading strategies and methodologies that make money

5.Market Research from Top Banks and Institutions

6.Matched Funding - for more experienced traders

Other FOREX Firms:

Just give you the ability to open an account and trade from home

without any guidence.

#40     Apr 28, 2004