Who's stupid enough to be shorting these levels?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Feb 23, 2009.

State your business

1. Short, we're toast

118 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Long, USA isn't going anywhere

35 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Short NOW converted to long

29 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Long NOW converted to short

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Ok, take it easy, mate. I don't want to have to put this in chit chat. It's got some good commentary.

#51     Feb 24, 2009
  2. harkm

harkm

We are at a pivotal point now and all anybody has is opinions. So, we either go up from here or down. Sideways doesn't look like a good bet. Only time will tell. However, we are still in a downtrend on the daily charts.

#52     Feb 24, 2009
  3. dsq

dsq

you got slammed on making up 'loose' and ridiculous definitions of bear markets.
    On market direction,riskfreeturd, gets the trophy for idiocy.

#53     Feb 24, 2009
  4. Sorry. Previous posts had my tempers flaring hah. I asked you to remove it.

#54     Feb 24, 2009
  5. Oh trust me. I could add a bunch more good commentary, but these guys hurt my feelings :(

haha nah, but this wasn't a guess. It was technical. These guys don't understand though. I'm gonna keep quiet until i'm wrong (which I could be).

#55     Feb 24, 2009
  6. dave74

dave74

lol. Gloating after only 1 day? Your gloating is far too premature. Your arrogance suggests to me you're very young. 1 day or even 1 week doesn't mean anything. I want to know where the market will be in 1 or 2 months.

If you are right in 1 or 2 months, I will give you full credit. I'm pretty sure the Dow is gonna go down 1000 or 2000 more.

We are in a massive deleveraging.

Since you're all too eager to gloat about your gains today, can I ask how much you made today and how big your account is?

#56     Feb 24, 2009
  7. It's alright, you won't have to worry about me if we go down. I'm pretty sure a stop under yesterday's low is sufficient for me (and you'd agree). Until then i'm golden.

haha account size? Because that makes a difference on trading. Yeah sure.

I'm a 23 graduate server (refusing to get a job because i'm not working for the fuck-faces on wall-street) paying for 2 people's rent and utilities as well as several monthly bills (brother's). I'm sorry if I'm not in the 1/2 million dollar range yet.

With that said I have been doing this for ten years (most not profitably until 2-3 years ago) and if you want to see my calls then go ahead and see for yourself. Feel free to post up all of my "losing" comments. Bash me with my info :) In fact, i'll post it up in a bit....

Now about that account size thing. It's small. That what you want to hear? :) Do I care? Fuck no

#57     Feb 25, 2009
  8. volcanik

volcanik

Accounts being green one day while being in the red for the last 10 days does not consititute a win. Permabulls are still down.

#58     Feb 25, 2009
  9. bespoke

bespoke

i didn't know people with 3 figure trading accounts could be so arrogant

the people on this site are such a joke

"god given ability" lmao. seriously now...

#59     Feb 25, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Well lets see - today the S&P told me to go long and short

So today I was only half stupid - Hmmm - I'm still okay with that:)

Take Care

#60     Feb 25, 2009