Who's stupid enough to be shorting these levels?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Feb 23, 2009.

State your business

1. Short, we're toast

118 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Long, USA isn't going anywhere

35 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Short NOW converted to long

29 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Long NOW converted to short

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Wait till the end of Q1 before you commit to the short side. They got to get it up a bit more so 401kers dont all commite sucide when they open the ststements.

#111     Mar 23, 2009
  2. JimDay

JimDay

My broker and I had a VERY long conversation today about the emini sp, he advised me to go short at 818. He is a bit expensive but when this trade pays off big, it will be well worth his comission and fees and data fees. I called my brother, he is geting short too, but he uses a discount house. Those places make me nervous.

#112     Mar 23, 2009
  3. Mario66

Mario66

were not out yet

#113     Mar 23, 2009
  4. Surdo

Surdo

What does he charge for his crystal ball fees?

#114     Mar 23, 2009
  5. Redneck

Redneck

March 25, 2009

Tried to be smart and went long - trade failed - lost money

Turned stupid and went short - made money

So the question - Do I want to be smart and broke, or stupid and profitable?

NOTE: Every day the mkt goes down - I think of this thread - and laugh

I believe I've made my point now - I'm done

Redneck

#115     Mar 25, 2009
  6. nassau

nassau

Personally here we are short and will be the nq until amzn, rimm, goog, aapl retrace at least 30-40 percent.
    we are short es, cl and will maintain our position as long as gold is above 850 area.

Traders who only go long miss out on 50 percent of the trades.
    What is at these level is the opportunity to sell puts on many stocks and be paid to take a long position on stocks and then sell otm calls and us the call strike price as your exit.

long and short always

w

#116     Mar 25, 2009
  7. I was reading your posts for the past few months and you struck me as a pretty big blowhard, someone who probably doesn't trade at all, given how likely you were to call others 'idiots' etc. Not one of the successful traders on here who I know ever post in the manner you do, insulting people left and right and telling everyone how great they are.

However, I see that you have the decency to admit that you were wrong. Maybe you're not just a run-of-the-mill troll after all.

#117     Mar 25, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

I didn't see that post - possibly I was wrong as well

My apologies OP
    Redneck

#118     Mar 25, 2009

9. Thanks. That's alright. I appreciate the apology. 1st i've ever gotten haha :)

Best wishes.

#119     Aug 18, 2009