Who's stupid enough to be shorting these levels?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Feb 23, 2009.

State your business

1. Short, we're toast

118 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Long, USA isn't going anywhere

35 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Short NOW converted to long

29 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Long NOW converted to short

9 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. I'm as bearish as anyone, but we've got 2-300 points downside max. I'm not dumb but i know many of you are.

I want to see how many ET geniuses are shorting this thing.

2. pretty arrogant attitude for a "Trader / Server" who doesn't trade full-time.

Hey, it's a bear market.

What do we do in bear market? LOL

GL, hombre.

3. mr888

mr888

im short 50 contracts on the s&p DOWN SHE GOESSSSS

4. I am short trough SRS because I want to protect myself from a deteriorating global economy.

I am long gold because I want to protect myself from a deteriorating global economy.

I am long gold stocks because I want to protect myself from a deteriorating global economy.

I feel so twisted.

Either everything crashes and I'm rich or everything will be fine and I loose.

Still, I'd prefer to be wrong that's the kind of nice person I am.:)

5. 1. I do trade full time.

2. I've probably been doing this for twice as long as you have

3. What do we do in a bear market?

#1 the market isn't in a "bear market" stage yet.

#2 you sell the rallies

PS....GL hombre

6. soseki

soseki

Take a look at previous major depressions. They all lasted for atleast 16 months and this one is bigger than any of them. Why do you want to go long now?

7. harkm

harkm

I appears to me, after looking at a bunch of etf charts, the market as a whole is right on the verge of breaking down big. I am short until the market tells me not to be short.

8. Trend Followers, maybe??

:D

9. S2007S

S2007S

I would not be shorting however if you are going to go long buying on days like today and averaging down is your best bet to see some kind of return when the markets do rally back which I believe they will.

I said I was going to sell my inverse ETFs at new lows on the indexes, I started selling them off here and there, today I sold off TZA and took some of that and went long FAS.

Still own:

SRS
    FAZ
    RFN
    SSG
    QID
    ERY
    DUG

Think if we open significantly lower tomorrow morning I will be selling 1/2 of a position in each one. Still waiting for the drop below 7000.

10. Whoever was/is shorting sure seems to be pretty damn smart!

#10     Feb 23, 2009