Who's making money today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by badvestor, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Bob111

Bob111

not sure ,if i understand what you are trying to say..i've been day trading for a decade..it's sucks for your brain and health,that's for sure. but hey..it's works for me..i said it many times here-I'm suck at ANY investing and unable to come up with any stable system that would satisfy me. but somehow i 'm doing ok in day trading. whatever works man..i'll take it

risk of no return? you mean blow all your money?how so? you made some,you put it on side..you made more-buy a house,car. even if i blow all my accounts in same day(nearly impossible,trading stocks)-the kids college is paid,house,cars,few other things are paid.zero debt..this is how i roll-you buy,when you have cash for it. you know..old fashion way :)

if you made 1k a day for number of days and then it's stopped working and you don't know why-you shouldn't be trading..cause it's not trading..it's gambling..

#11     Jul 23, 2012
  2. Every single online guru is making money today.

That is a fact.

They hope you don't, so then they can sell you stuff that is the exact opposite of what you did....and then that won't work.

i am an online guru.

11 trades today. all positive.

biggest winner 2,000. smallest winner 1999.

however, for some weird reason, i need your money BAD.

for a limited time, take my course for 10,000!!!!

Ok, 2,000

Fine, 200 but don't tell anyone

#12     Jul 23, 2012
  3. ocean5

ocean5

i`m on the contrary,suck at daytrading and did much better mid term.to each his own i guess...

#13     Jul 23, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

my point exactly. stick with frame where you are comfortable and profitable

#14     Jul 23, 2012
  5. ocean5

ocean5

you`ve been trading for a decade,but you aren`t a millionaire,are you?i suppose you don`t have even a couple of thouthands at your disposal.not meant to offence.

#15     Jul 23, 2012
  6. Bob111

Bob111

that's the problem for many. they simply under capitalized and come to hardest possible,most competitive field in the world with the idea to became rich fast. not going happens. you have to work really hard and understand,that you about to compete to brightest people,who have EVERY POSSIBLE thing against you. and they are out there to take YOUR money.

you don't have couple thousands-go back to a regular work and meanwhile-sharpen your skills. that's what i did. working hard days and then taking programming courses from 6 to 10-11 pm EVERY DAY, including saturday for a year. then i spend couple more years searching and applying my programming skills to markets, before i find something suitable for myself.

#16     Jul 23, 2012
  7. ocean5

ocean5

A friend of mine,who is a farmer,he grows potato and nothing more.He is a millionaire and has a lot of spare time and having fun.We`ve started almost at the same time,he started his potato business and i started to trade...the end result is quite different for both...

#17     Jul 23, 2012
  8. Bob111

Bob111

then grow potatoes! nothing wrong with that. but you have to understand one thing-there is no easy money out there.. everything is pretty obvious, until you got yourself in it. applies to potato growing and markets. you look at the charts after the fact-everything is so damn obvious..isn't?

#18     Jul 23, 2012
  9. Bob111

Bob111

the other day i was browsing in NE Philly,where most of the russians are reside..i see ambulance on every corner,on every parking lot. those are non emergency ambulance services. you find one patient with dialysis,he needs 3 trips per week. Medicaid paid 500-600 per trip. that's 1.5K a week per 1 patient..if you find 3 of them-that's almost 5 K a week,250K a year. for just few hours of work..sounds simple,isn't? but as i start digging into it deeper and deeper-it's not that simple as it looks. complicated,but again-not impossible. the point is-you have to fight and learn a lot,if you want to be competitive. in any business.
    под лежачий камень вода не течет.

#19     Jul 23, 2012
  10. ocean5

ocean5

I know that there is no free money,i had several businesses in the past which didn`t satisfy my needs,as the time`s shown.My view is there 5 to 6 years,minimum required to succed in any meaningful endeavour.But if the decades went by,and you are still not far on your path,then something is not right either with you or with the direction you choose.

#20     Jul 23, 2012