Who's making money today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by badvestor, Jul 23, 2012.

1. This is in the Top Ten of missives ever posted on Elite Trader.com going back into the 1990s.

#141     Mar 10, 2013
  2. NoDoji - That was definitely tough love :( but that is ok I appreciate it.

As a follow up to my post on friday and in response to you, you are correct. It wasn't a poor setup on friday, it wasn't a setup at all. Later on I was sitting there thinking and wondering why I took the trade when I knew there wasn't a setup. I actually did see a setup on FCX and I didn't take it instead I took the AMZN trade. I guess since I had just had a solid week I thought I would do one more trade for the week. I will not be doing that anymore. The reason I said I would more than likely not be trading Friday's anymore wasn't necessarily because of the setups, it was because if I am trading the weekly options that expire that day the time value and everything are working against you much worse than normal. There isn't much room for error, so I guess a sensible thing to do would be trade the monthly or next weekly contract instead.

Between this week and the week before I made some huge changes in my trading and managed to realize many things I was doing wrong and needed to correct. I still have several things that I need to work on (position sizing, probabilities, etc) that you pointed out though and need to work on consistency with a plan as well.

As always I appreciate the tough love and for your help with everything.

#142     Mar 10, 2013
  3. arma

arma

I wanted to thank NoDoji for the posts on price action and the nuggets of wisdom. I'm a beginner and have spent the last 6 months reading twice Brooks's trilogy. On my roadmap the next step in my theoretical training is reading ND's posts, I mean, all of them :)
    I am very impressed by your words on backtesting and will dedicate to the subject my efforts in next months.
    In the meantime I am annotating at the end of the day all the trades I see on the intraday chart for the markets I follow, a basket of European stocks.
    So, Thanks for the most useful contribution.

#143     Mar 10, 2013