Who's making a living day trading futures?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by peppermint, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I was in Woodies room several years ago and I know nobody there made any money. Even the star of the room at the time said he barely broke even (via PM). When I learned this, I was out of there.

Just wondering if anyone is making a nice living day trading futures?

No neeed for attacks or flames...

2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

+ 1, but it depends on what you call "nice" living.

Lately I only average 400/500 $ per day.

3. Hello,

Was doing really well for a while. However, hit a bad losing streak recently. Got to the point where i was just worn out but trading so i ended up doing what your not supposed to do even though i knew.
    Few K a day is no problem but im not satisfied so thats where i run into problems.

Anyways, this short term stuff is more stress than i would like so ive decided to take good portion of money out and throw into index funds.

4. Many people are

5. 999o

999o

6. Geoff36

Geoff36

I do.

7. Same here

8. gearhead

gearhead

The volatility over the last few months has worked quite well with my methodology...I've been making a comfortable living.

9. 95% lose
    3% breakeven
    2% win

These figures were given to me by both a large FCM and a well known accountant who specializes in traders' taxes.

10. Euler

Euler

That's interesting, if true -- but it also implies that the 2% must be making extremely high returns. Or it's all going to the exchanges' bottom lines, which I doubt.

If that win/loss distro is true, then entering into futures trading seems to be a pretty bad career choice, given most people's (and their spouses') risk aversion as regards lifetime income :D

#10     Feb 11, 2009