Who's got the lowest futures commissions?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by xtrhvydty, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Not true:
    http://mediaserver.thinkorswim.com/transcripts/Sept_13_2006_DDE_links.pdf

I'll be glad to answer any questions regarding the Excel interface.
    It works pretty well....but you better have a fast CPU.

#11     Mar 5, 2008
  2. ssss

ssss

smalltrader35

Thats the Transact Platform. Thx for the info. Have you used it?
    #####################

Problem are -

AT,t4,OEC all .net based -it is source of instability
    (more as 20 mb downloading)

trademaven was very good (only 5 mb downloading) but this have probelm with PATS

Clearing is different

All future broker are not pure agent of principal (trade against client interess)

Accounts are not SIPC protected .

SEC broker as OXPS ,SWIM are pure agents in relation to SEC instruments and offer future trading .after future position is closed ,money can be switched to SEC SIPC protected account

#12     Mar 5, 2008
  3. What are you trading? Because with enough volume each month, an exchange seat for only what you're trading could be an excellent investment. Hell, even leasing one makes things cheap cheap cheap.

E.g. I lease an IDEM CBOT seat to trade the YM. I pay around $100 for the seat each month. My YM commissions (and I don't do a ton of volume) are about $1.50 RT. ES is about $3.50 but I don't have an IOM CME seat.

I'm sure with more YM volume traded consistently, I could get the commissions to under a buck RT.

And since I save about $.40 a side (I think) with the seat as a lease rather than not having it at all, that's only about 250 total contracts a MONTH to cover the cost of the seat.

And my broker is rock solid. (No, I'm not going to mention who they are since I mentioned what I pay).

#13     Mar 5, 2008
  4. call someone at manduca trading, they've got several fast/stable platforms and can probably hook you up with good rates

#14     Mar 5, 2008
  5. Can you tell me how the process of leasing a seat works, how much it costs both set up fees, monthly charges and how long it takes to get your seat set up with the exchange? What sort of commissions do you pay when you have a seat compared to normal retail commissions say for ES DAX BUND EURO STOXX 50? Do you have any volume requirements per month when leasing a seat? Any info would be helpful.

Thank you

#15     Mar 5, 2008
  6. Traders have to make sure they understand all the consequences of leasing or buying a futures exchange membership. US taxpayers becoming futures exchange members are subject to FICA self employment tax. For 2008 the FICA self employment tax is 15.3% on the first $102,000 of income and 2.9% on the amount over $102,000. If your annual commissions savings is less than the FICA tax there is no point in leasing/buying a membership.

#16     Mar 6, 2008
  7. Aok

Aok

If you're trading size and are profitable doing so, leasing/seat will save you $.

Understand there are tax and data fee consequences to doing so.

[​IMG]

#17     Mar 6, 2008
  8. 1- which clearing firms can you trade with directly?
    2- doesn't transact have their own clearing?
    3- Whatever you do just stay away from TradeStation. the bandits charge $2.40!!!
    4- for minimum 3k rt/month the best I got so far is >low $1 (confidential can't say whom) and I know it's still very high but don't know who else to contact? I'll be happy with .50 rt for a min. 3k rt's/month.
    5- my next step will be to become a corp member with CME.

#18     Mar 6, 2008
  9. ssss

ssss

smalltrader35

Can you tell me how the process of leasing a seat works, how much it costs both set up fees, monthly charges and how long it takes to get your seat set up with the exchange? What sort of commissions do you pay when you have a seat compared to normal retail commissions say for ES DAX BUND EURO STOXX 50? Do you have any volume requirements per month when leasing a seat? Any info would be helpful.

Thank you

#################

1.That can be performed from your broker,some o which inform clients about this possibility from www side
    2. If you not multiple trader contest winner and not to have
    long term profitabiltiy record in 95% of case's would not for
    all ,what demanded exstra expense from start

trading platform ,lease place &

platform 50$ per month ,leasing 200$(zg possilby lower )
    -1000$+ per month

95 % of retail would loose through years .

#19     Mar 6, 2008