Who's got the best training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vonk, Oct 3, 2002.

1. I like to "hear" the answer too.....

#21     Oct 9, 2002
  2. no comment on ECHOtrade. As my signature says please don't ask as I won't comment. You can ask me about Lynx, Hammer, what I'm doing, the weather in San Diego. Just don't ask me about ECHO.

Robert

#22     Oct 9, 2002
  3. LIke typical firms who develop an attitude after making some $$$. They are looking to scoop up more $$$ for themselves.

Protrader is another firm that exhibited the same characteristics. Now they are close to being extinct.

#23     Oct 9, 2002
  4. vonk

vonk

Hate to say it but it really make Bright look like the most stable of the bunch. Any comments?

#24     Oct 9, 2002
  5. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

...do you know what really happened at Echo or just guessing, not trying to be argumentative...but I am looking at three diffrent prop firms and Echo is one of them, I <would> be very interested in knowing what going on, especially since rTharpe left (I won;t ask him why, I repsect him for that), and I've followed his post's and have a <gut> feeling that it must have been something severe to cause him to jump to Andover.....

Any info would be greatly appreciates, and yes it does make Bright look stable, I have a very close friend trading their and he's <just> now starting to make the turn to profitability and really having fun with it as well!!

take care all...

mrktwiz

#25     Oct 9, 2002
  6. Wasn't there a merger of some sort involving Echo?

Bright's only been around for 10 years,
    so I'd be real careful getting involved with them

#26     Oct 9, 2002
  7. Day trading as we know it now has only been around for the last 10 years, so that would make Bright a long term survivor, not someone to be careful of.

As always, look into what the firm offers, not how long they've been around.

#27     Oct 9, 2002
  8. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

Mark H -

I know that some of the "original" people at ECHO were former Bright traders.........

good trading all...

mrktwiz

#28     Oct 9, 2002
  9. mm2002

mm2002

Lynx seems to be a decent place to learn and trade EXCEPT that they dont give you the best rates in town.
    They try to squeeze profits out of your trading commmissions, bullets, and profit split. That to me isnt a good sign of a good place to work for/with. If you go in there not knowing the average rates of direct access brokers they will give you high rates compared to norm. Especially a high charge for bullets and they even insitiute a minimum amount you must do on bullets. So if you decide to go there then do some rate shopping first with other trading firms. Check out icapdirect.com, stocktrading.com, cybertrader.com, interactivebrokers.com, tradestation.com... etc.
    After figuring out the average rates with NO minimums on anything then decide where you want to go. Training might be good at Lynx but if it cuts into your profits then you might be wasting your time amd MONEY.

#29     Oct 12, 2002
  10. That statement isn't true so please don't make blanket statements.

They do give out very competitive rates

but for traders with successful track records who can back it up with their sheets.

A trader who doesn't know what the rest of the industry is charging is probably not too experienced.

Traders who require training they charge higher rates, but that is to help compensate the trainers.

Somebody who doesn't have a successful track record won't make as much as a difference to them if they pay much less in commissions if they are losing money.

Somebody who is trained to be consistent profitable though should compensate their trainer.

Robert

#30     Oct 12, 2002