Who's got the best training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vonk, Oct 3, 2002.

1. You are in touch with them already ......since you have been emailing me questions.

haven't you noticed the 2nd part of my email?

Robert

#11     Oct 5, 2002
  2. run a search on Lynx Capital as it got discussed rather heavily a month or 2 ago when the ECHO SD office left to join Lynx Capital.

There is an office in NY with about 90 guys
    and an office in San Diego with about 23 guys in it including me ...and growing rather fast.

ROBERT

#12     Oct 5, 2002
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

If you are interested in a particular firm please PM the individual who you think might be associated with that firm (best to do a search first and read prior threads). Solicitations by members of Lynx or any other non-sponsoring firm will not be permitted to continue in the Pro Firms forum. Thank you.

#13     Oct 5, 2002
  4. TG

TG

The best stock training, especially for this market, is at Daytrading University. This guy is good and I have no connection to him. His system is very good, keeps you out of dubious setups and produces winners every single day. And he instructs all day, every day.

#14     Oct 6, 2002
  5. I was trained by ETG. One thing you must keep in mind for training is that ANY firm will train you and mold you to be profitable for them. How can you be profitable for any firm?
    there are two ways:
    1) you have a split agreement for profit.
    i.e. you don't put up any money and you split 50:50
    2) you have no split agreement and you put up some of your money. Clearly in this type of a deal the firm gets rebates from the clearing firm and they can pass fees onto you.

They will train you to trade volume regardless if it is a good or bad way to you and your P/L.

So when you watch for training - watch also the agreement you sign and use your head.

#15     Oct 7, 2002
  6. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

..sorry for my ignorance..but who is "ETG?" and do they have a website so I can get a little more information on them?

Thank you

mrktwiz

#16     Oct 7, 2002
  7. Please don't get me wrong...I am not saying that their training was somehow superior. It also has morphed since I was there 10 years ago.
    Kanter also believed in scalping and volume. You see he did not want to be blown out by a trader when he started. His motives were different from Bright or the other 'juice firms'.
    No firm will tell you to trade small and take home positions etc.
    They simply train you to be safe for them and get as much volume for the clearing relationship!

#17     Oct 7, 2002
  8. Pound

Pound

Can you please tell us why you left echotrade?

Thanks,

-pound

#18     Oct 8, 2002
  9. Could you pleeeese tell us why you left Echo.....

#19     Oct 8, 2002
  10. xianokie

xianokie

:)

#20     Oct 8, 2002