Who's got the best training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vonk, Oct 3, 2002.

1. vonk

vonk

Which prop firm has the best training? I am not talking about seminars, I want to know about the day to day on going training, mentoring, whatever, that a new trader gets. This is a business - if you are going to a good broker/dealer for a sales position you get excellent sales training and work closely with a mentor. Is it the same with prop firms? And if not, why not?

2. traderxp

traderxp

In my opinion, either Lynx Capital or Lions Trading Group. I worked at both. Lynx, where I work now, probably has a more comprehensive training program. They actually sit with you before and after hours and review everything. Stay away from Worldco. For the majority, it is a waste of time.

3. joeystox

joeystox Guest

i have heard schonfeld is best

4. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

Are they only located in the East? Do they have office's in the San Francisco or bay area? Just wondering....

Good traidng all.....

mrktwiz

5. traderxp

traderxp

there is a lynx capital office in san diego

6. vonk

vonk

What is the lynx cap phone number in San Diego?
    I can't find a listing for it...

Thanks

7. Give them a call in the New York office, and they'll put you in touch with the San Diego office. I don't remember the number, but call 411 and ask for the Andover Office on 57th and Lexington ave in Manhattan.

8. Or, you could just ask one of the guys who solicit business for them on ET. There is usually a new member name every week or so.

9. i really don't think you can learn how to trade from a weekend seminar or a one week training course no matter how much you pay or how good someone says their system is. the only way to learn is by doing, and making mistakes, hopefully lots of small ones and learning from them. the learning curve is just time and experience - the more the better.

10. It's the same guy!!!!!!! with all those user names

Jonathan K. and I just talked with Mike P the CEO of Andover about Phil M. who is the culprit behind Beaburt, Slinky1965, druckenmiller, parsonjack51, mango1973 ,meyerlansky and who knows what other user name. Andover Brokerage is a self clearing professional firm with over 1200 traders. One of them is a rather bad apple who doesn't have very high ethics and has tried to manipulate the members on the board with his posts. The CEO of Andover has forbid him from ever doing anything with this board since we brought it to his attention. Andover does not need to solicit business like that.

THE ABOVE POSTER HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH LYNX CAPITAL DO NOT CONTACT HIM ABOUT ANYTHING JUST REPORT KILL ON HIS POSTS

Please private message me if you ever see anything that resembles any posts that were like those user names as we will have Baron research it. Mike P will them ream Phil.

Lynx Capital is a sub LLC of Andover we clear through them (I say we as I'm one of the trainers) but are not Andover as we have a way of running things much differently than most other pro firms.

#10     Oct 5, 2002