Who's from Chicago?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by WDGann, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Another good place that just came to mind is Carmichael's(1052 W Monroe). Both times I have been there it was summertime and they have nice outdoor seating in a sort of garden area...Kind of feels like a suburb inside the city...Good lunch menu too...

#41     Mar 25, 2003
  2. One more place...good food...Jack's up on Southport...great steak sandwiches, pretty low key atmosphere...

#42     Mar 25, 2003
    #43     Mar 25, 2003
  4. I live in Streeterville (when in Chicago) and trade remotely. I also have a second home in Dallas. As resuurants go, I have many in both cities that I like equally. :)

#44     Mar 25, 2003
  5. Trading in Florida, yet from Chicago.
    :cool:

#45     Apr 3, 2003
  6. Aaron

Aaron

I'm up in Barrington.

As for restaurants, we have two preschoolers... McDonald's playlands are always a hit.

#46     Apr 3, 2003
  7. Cabrini-Green is now the address of a new class of yuppies, once the developers figured they ran out of real estate...Not sure if you are living in Chicago or formerly from Chicago, but going North on Halsted, its all new townhouses, literally a stone's throw from the old housing projects...They have a Dominicks 2 blocks east on Orleans and Division...

#47     Apr 3, 2003
  8. Speaking of Streeterville area...I always liked Bandera...Sure, it gets a whole bunch of tourists and stuff...But its a cool place anyway...500 Block of North Michigan

#48     Apr 3, 2003
  9. This is so very true. CG is just straight Ghetto and these Thouses are like 500k up into the 7 fig range, kinda funny.:(

#49     Apr 3, 2003
  10. I know about the real estate boom in that area ... I'm considering buying in the newly developing area in the city.

Two different people I've been talking to have doubled their money in 2 - 3 years.

#50     Apr 3, 2003