Who's fading this move up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scriabinop23, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Want to see everyone's opinion on this move up.

In particular, volatility looks like a buy. November vols are skewed heavily still on the put side. There seems to be plenty of collar buying in this market.

2. Good Luck on that.

3. I don't have much conviction on that ... honestly I am a perennial optimist and think volatility has already peaked.

But... Last time I did that and sold naked puts not far enough out of the money last week I got butchered. The perennial optimist view has never really paid off.

4. the upside is huge. Dow 12,000 on panic covering and then a steady rally to 14,000 within 15 months.

5. dsq

dsq

just waiting for the earnings on cat tomorrow morning to short that joker rally...i dont know but i think aapl is gonna suck-my anti-aapl bias speaking.AAPL forward guidance should be sobering.Cant see them prospering selling luxury priced items in a stingy budget economy.
    Only longs here should be osx,oil service stocks...nov...

6. no one is short anymore

7. And how would you now this...?

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

imagine it going up on bad eps/guidance...can ya ya say squeeeeeeeze...

9. dsq

dsq

ignore that idiot..he s like one of those robo-callers...blurts out crap 24/7 ,seeking attention because he s a 12 yr old lonely brat surfing chat boards all across the WWW

10. S2007S

S2007S

These wild swings are great, up 400 one day, next day down 200. I dont know how long this volatility is going to last but you have to know that a few times in the last 30 minutes of trading these past few weeks when the market was selling off it sold off extremely hard into the close and when it was in rally mode it has closed up strong. This is the second time in a week the market has rallied extremely strong into the close however a day or 2 later it was lower. The only thing that can keep this market moving higher are earnings, especially this week out of big tech and industrial names, but I highly doubt it will happen.

#10     Oct 20, 2008