Who's an Optionetics Grad?

Discussion in 'Options' started by twoblink, Jul 12, 2004.

1. on a Saturday.

As skeptical as I am always, I sat through the two hours without any response to the lecturer. I have to say I learned more about marketing skills than option trading.

Since I am pretty familiar with options theory, I don't think they will make you a success. Even its ads are true, the survivorship bias obviously dominates. Asking the company's 40,000 students, I would suspect most of them lost money by trading options. It is just not that easy a game.

However, they did attract some retirees to join their clubs and paid the expensive tuitions....

#81     Oct 23, 2004
  2. An update on my conclusions:

After a ton of research here is what I have found.

Optionetics: Is way too expensive and it seems like those that are making it work do not get the results till they fork up at least 10-20k for all the advanced workshops.

Spreadtradesystems: (I bought and returned) Was decent enough but it had several trading flaws, that I believe would only frustrate most students and their returns where HIGHLY exaggerated.

Riskdoctor: I highly recommend but he is not for the beginner, so buy a few basic books and know what your talking about before you call him. In a FREE 20 min phone call he basically filled in some gaps I had and I have been doing well since.

So here is my recommendation for anyone interested.

Buy some of the basic and intermediate books that some of the other senior members suggested earlier in this thread and once you have a good basic working understanding of options and their correct uses, then call the RISKDOCTOR for some fine tuning and I think you will be very happy with the results.

:cool:

#82     Oct 23, 2004
  3. An associate of the Risk Doctor(Charles Cottle) recommended 2 books:

"Fundamentals of the Options Market", Michael Williams & Amy Hoffman

"An Investor's Guide to Understanding and Mastering Options Trading", Bill Johnson

You can get Cottle's book free from his website at riskdoctor.com, but read the others first...

#83     Oct 23, 2004
  4. kacija

kacija

The key to success in delta neutral trading lies in the adjustments (greeks). One must estimate volatility very well to do this.

#84     Dec 2, 2004
  5. hello there,

do you still have platinum ?

#85     Feb 13, 2006
  6. WD40

WD40

I don't see how anybody can trade options profitably without the help of some kind of analytical tool. For me, Platinum is the most comprehensive and cheapest of all.

#86     Feb 13, 2006
  7. I'm really glad this post popped up again. I read the entire thread and found some very interesting and helpful options guidence by VOLGA...but notice he/she no longer posts...anyone know if Volga is still on ET?

#87     Feb 13, 2006