whoops - hobbit did not evolve

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Aug 22, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I love this circular one from the science textbooks. "The strata is calibrated by the geologic column" and " the geologic column is calibrated by the strata" . Ok... that means that both the geologic column and the strata findings interpretations are from fantasyland. The whole archaeology thing is a huge fantasy. I refuse to spend any time on it. Now if somebody is finding weird stuff that does not fit the fantasy, I am interested. It might lead to some truth.

#11     Aug 23, 2006
  2. maybe instead of refusing to learn and sticking your head in the sand you should educate yourself about geology. why is it that theists always fall back to "god did it" when they find something they dont understand? here is a fine website about geology and how it relates to the bible written by a christian. maybe you could start there:

http://home.entouch.net/dmd/dmd.htm

#12     Aug 23, 2006
  3. That gives me the free square and "When science contradicts belief, claim the science is wrong but don’t offer any evidence that may be debated "

Seneca

Today's thoughtful fundie activity:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." from Timothy and the basis for the firing of Mary Lambert from her job as Sunday school teacher at her church; a job she held for 54 years. The minister doing the firing, Timothy LaBouf, also serves on the city council.

ps-did you get that line about the geologic column from one of Hovnid's books?

#13     Aug 23, 2006