Whoopi Goldberg says director didn't commit 'rape-rape'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Sep 30, 2009.

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...erg-says-director-didnt-commit-rape-rape.html

"Goldberg, star of The Color Purple and Sister Act, said: "I know it wasn't rape-rape. I think it was something else, but I don't believe it was rape-rape.

"He pled guilty to having sex with a minor and he went to jail, and when they let him out he said 'You know what, this guy's going to give me 100 years in jail. I'm not staying'. And that's why he left." Polanski was arrested in Zurich, Switzerland on Sunday and faces extradition to the United States. He fled the US in 1978 before being sentenced for the crime and has been pursued around the globe by prosecutors ever since.

His victim, Samantha Gailey, told a grand jury that the director had plied her with champagne and drugs and taken nude pictures of her in a hot tub during a fashion shoot. Polanski then had sexual intercourse with her despite her resistance and requests to be taken home, she said. "

Well its good that the left is letting the world now where they stand on this.

2. When its a 13 year old girl that says "stop", but she doesnt quite have the confidence to really fight off a much older powerful man...then it is rape-rape.

Children trust adults and doing something like that is dispicable. From what i understand though, polanski paid the girl some undisclosed amount of money as a settlement. I do not believe we should charge someone with a crime if the victim decides to let it go for some kind of compensation. But that said, I think the parents are also victims and should also get some kind of justice for what happened to their daughter.

Personally I think jail is not a good punishment for these type of people. I think if someone commits rape, they should either get their penis cut off, or maybe both hands. If you dont have hands, its really hard to unzip and pull your d*** out to rape someone. In both cases, justice would be served and it would be a guarantee that they never do it again.

3. The problem with that is they are free to commit other crimes since they aren't in jail where they belong. Money shouldn't be a get out of jail card, it helps to get the best attorneys, I think that is enough.

4. Everyone is free to commit crimes though. Does that mean we all do it? More crime happens in jail than outside of jail, so going to jail doesnt neccessarily stop crimes from happening. How many men in jail are raped by other men? Is it ok that that happens because the man that got raped was a raper himself? and if thats the case, then if that happens is justice served since he got done to him what he did to someone else and he should be allowed to be free? Or is it just you just want the people that dont commit crimes to be safe from the people that do commit crimes. If thats the case, then cutting off his hands or his penis would serve to protect the population from him doing that type of crime again, plus it saves the taxpayer money.

5. Thirteen year old girls cannot give consent. It's irrelevant whether she said yes, or no. Sex with kids is criminal. Period!

6. If anyone on this forum would have supplied a minor with alcohol and drugs and then had sex with the minor (it was anal, by the way), that person would go to prison for years, not days, and then register as a sex offender with the sheriffs department so their neighbors could get postcards warning them about the pervert living down the street, and this would happen for the rest of their lives. And we can't forget the extra time in prison owed to us for skipping out of the country before sentence served, because that's a crime too.

Polanski was a 44-year old grown man when this happened. I have zero sympathy for him.

7. Whoopi is another model liberal.

Piece of excrement.

8. TGregg

TGregg

Too bad Polanski didn't sodomize little boys 12 at a time, the libtards would have picked him to be a senator.

Like they did with that Klu Klux Klan leader, Robert Byrd. Straight to the senate. Don't believe me, look it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

If you are a thug, you'll find open arms in the DNC. Whether you are an ACORN hooligan, a member of the Klan, a child rapist or a terrorist, they are a big tent party.

9. Hmmm.. I wonder why it is that so many more right-wingers than liberals are convicted of crimes involving moral/sexual transgression?

Hmmm...imagine that!! Let's remember who it was that figured it was a nice Sunday evening out on the town to capture a Negro, drag him to his home, gang rape his wife in front of himself and his children, then cut him open in front of his wife and his children, then hang the corpse from a tree and take pictures, grinning all the while.

Hmmm... that was the right, wasn't it? Hmmm...

#10     Sep 30, 2009