Whole Concept Of Track Record is STUPID!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by virtualmoney, Oct 18, 2007.

1. In case you didn't notice, many big funds imploded recently

#31     Oct 18, 2007
  2. Banks are notoriously tight and thorough in their evaluations of candidates. You wont get far walking in with a retail account.

#32     Oct 18, 2007
  3. It's called Knowledge sharing.

#33     Oct 18, 2007
  4. gnome

gnome

Posters keep claiming that... and banks are not the only possibility. Besides, anyone running OPM has a fiduciary responsibility to its customers/investors. You need to PROVE you deserve a chance... and the institution shares the risk at least in reputation. So what do you expect... you turn $1,000 into $2,000 in 3 years and you want an institution to had you $Millions of customer funds to run? Ha!

But if you're not on Wall Street, didn't go to Wharton, and live in a one-horse town... what do you use to make a name for yourself?

Your personal retail account is about all you have to demonstrate ability. Once your performance is long and strong enough, you'll be accepted. (I know from which I speak.)

#34     Oct 18, 2007
  5. You have a very conservative impression of banks.

#35     Oct 18, 2007
  6. What was the horse name? Now I know the saying 'straight from the horse's mouth':p

#36     Oct 18, 2007
  7. Surdo

Surdo

Actually you are quoting the wrong end of the horse.

[​IMG]

#37     Oct 18, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

The one-horse town is Denver. But now that they've widened I-25, I guess you could think of us as a two-horse town.

#38     Oct 18, 2007
  9. This horse looks ready for BACKTESTING
    which is another hocus pocus way of
    deluding newbies from real-world trading
    by sending over-zealous fresh grads in circles
    doing rubbish systems-testing.

#39     Oct 22, 2007