Whole Concept Of Track Record is STUPID!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by virtualmoney, Oct 18, 2007.

1. You honestly believe that someone would look at you for a porfolio of a couple stocks? When they hire you and you have to report all your accounts to the compliance dept then what do you say?

#21     Oct 18, 2007
  2. It's just an example. Who's going to check my losing e-trade account in HK compared to my winning account in IB in US?

#22     Oct 18, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Like I said, WHEN YOUR TRACK RECORD IS LONG AND STRONG ENOUGH...

Unlike bullshit, market ability is in short supply. Demonstrate you have enough of it and OPM will make a place for you.

#23     Oct 18, 2007
  4. When you have to report to the firms compliance record if you lie about accounts they will find them.

#24     Oct 18, 2007
  5. I trade mostly China stocks and some are listed in US,HK,SG too.

Many traders I know have almost opposite positions of the same stocks in different accounts and most certainly one account net profit will stand out above the other accounts after a year or more.

#25     Oct 18, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

When you're talking "track record", you have to include EVERYTHING.

If you're trying to deceive so that you can "get an institutional position on false pretense and collect big fees/profit shares", that's not track record... just another common form of lying.

#26     Oct 18, 2007
  7. Believe me, I have seen traders with impressive over 300% returns in a year playing China stocks with one account getting into a bank as a fund manager without reporting their other accounts.

#27     Oct 18, 2007
  8. If you really believe it happens, especially at a Bank then why did you bother starting the thread?

#28     Oct 18, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

Maybe we should do a flash headline... "Somebody deceived and got away with it"?

Such things might GET a position, but to KEEP it you'll have to perform. The truth doesn't take long to be revealed.

#29     Oct 18, 2007
  10. Hope I didn't spoil your plan :D

#30     Oct 18, 2007