Whole Concept Of Track Record is STUPID!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by virtualmoney, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Who will be stupid enough to let losing accounts be audited?

#11     Oct 18, 2007
  2. No one is going to hire you based on a track record of retail trading

#12     Oct 18, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

You can do a lot of things until you're required by law to tell the whole truth and nothing but.

#13     Oct 18, 2007
  4. gnome

gnome

Sure they will.... WHEN your track record is strong and long enough.

#14     Oct 18, 2007
  5. At least this makes sense

#15     Oct 18, 2007
  6. I generally find if someones does NOT have/post a track record, the chances of it outperforming are conisderably less likely

#16     Oct 18, 2007
  7. Not really .. economies of scale for one thing. The professional environment is a lot different too.

You could hook on at a chop shop who will work a deal with you for backing and a % with a nice record but you wont get any looks as a fund manager. There is nothing wrong with getting a good deal from a chop shop.

#17     Oct 18, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

Rest assured... WHEN you demonstrate enough market ability, the "professional environment" will find you.

#18     Oct 18, 2007
  9. Not really... Economies of scale is a HUGE hurdle and retail traders are a dime a dozen. Sure I agree that some make the jump but more likely you have to enter through the same door as all the others trying to and your own retail track record is not too much a leg up.

#19     Oct 18, 2007
  10. For example, if I had an account that was long aapl, short intc, long goog &
    another account that was short appl, long intc, long goog over a course of 2 years, I will only show the first account even though the second account is also a net profit because goog outweighs aapl in cash returns and intc growth is insignificant compared to the other two. But if it had been a bear market last 2 years, I will probably show the second account.

#20     Oct 18, 2007