Whoa Baby! What happened?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by abishiai, Feb 4, 2003.

1. vikesfan

vikesfan

Regards to stops - it better be a "stop limit" after NYSE close, especially when big earnings news is coming out... a normal stop order would have gotten you killed today when it became a market order during the spike. I wasn't trading but I don't see how the CME can allow this. Still the person who tried to buy them should be stuck with them but this impacted a lot of other people too.. a real mess.

#31     Feb 4, 2003
  2. sammybea

sammybea

obviously had a brainfart.. some people got screwed very bad.

#32     Feb 4, 2003
  3. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

#33     Feb 4, 2003
  4. qdz2

qdz2

Do I hear any cool broker liquidated your positions due to margin call in this event? Many accounts could be wiped out! Forget it, there will no excuse. You fate has been determined when you sign up with these brokers. It is your resposibility. It is all your fault. Accept your fault. Get f*ckin' brain washed. And you get wiped out!

:p

#34     Feb 4, 2003
  5. acrary

acrary

Globex Control Center sent out a notice at 3:23 CST. All trades above 86000 are busted...exchange related problem...

#35     Feb 4, 2003
  6. Looks like I picked the right time to stop trading e minis. I resolved today to go back to stocks and options after getting my ass kicked in futures. This AM I closed my account. With my luck I probably would have been short my 2 lots and whammo!! A/... would you like fries with that? If this is not a sign from providence I don't know what is....

#36     Feb 4, 2003

7. figured that...

amazing how many started assuming things before they had the facts... interesting emotional reactions!

Regards,

#37     Feb 4, 2003
  8. qdz2

qdz2

I would not be surprised to see the contrary fact if the special interest manipulator group did not hurt in this event.

:p

#38     Feb 4, 2003
  9. cheeks

cheeks

LMFAO!

I really hope nobody got liquidated into this mess.

#39     Feb 4, 2003
  10. acrary

acrary

Got the details now. Three errant trades of 2,000 lots each were entered into the system. Everything above 860 is cancelled. The originator is eating the losses on all fills up to 860.

#40     Feb 4, 2003