Whoa Baby! What happened?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by abishiai, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Exactly how do you conclude this?

#21     Feb 4, 2003
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Why wouldnt it stand? Every other time something like this has happened it stands. It happens a few times a year.

Brandon

#22     Feb 4, 2003
  3. Of course not, are you kidding, who would trade then? Who would be willing to take a risk like that. It's worse than a Russian rullette.

#23     Feb 4, 2003
  4. sammybea

sammybea

obviously most retail investors benefited out of this. If they were simply taking out the stops, and the market is back in line.. you just hit the lottery. The only person that really lost is the one who put that order in.... By the way, is there any confirmation from the AP that was the problem? A typo?

#24     Feb 4, 2003
  5. Damn right, OtL. A friend of mine does just that and was short the ES from about 910 a couple of weeks ago. Today he was up handsomely at +60 pts and now he got filled at 937 on this. Holy shit.

#25     Feb 4, 2003
  6. :eek:

• es.gif
      File size:
      8 KB
      Views:
    #26     Feb 4, 2003
  7. josbarr

josbarr

ESH3 Trades above 86000 are busted.

#27     Feb 4, 2003
  8. I don't know how Globex handles these matters, but I know how the monkeys at ISLD deal with it: If you are an individual you can't bust a trade or get any form of answer from them. Certain organizations can bust any trade they want. I don't know the exact details about what kind of favors they have to do to the inbred decision makers at ISLD, and I don't think I want to know.

#28     Feb 4, 2003
  9. Josh_B

Josh_B

hehe

If no pit

Imagine that surprise Jan cut and no pit to dampen the move, and all the money flowing through electronic matching..

Josh

#29     Feb 4, 2003
  10. qdz2

qdz2

Very true. That's why we need a union so that we can bargain to get losing trade voided. They, the special interest groups, do it all the time with they buddy exchanges and brokers.

:p

#30     Feb 4, 2003