who would hire an independent trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by blogtrader, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Lets take this quote for example, mr zoloft.

"but I hate being an engineer"
    "but to work is completely different"

shall i go on?

#21     Aug 4, 2005
  2. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

You must be smart to arrive to the conclusion that there's a relationship between what I write here and my chances of getting a job

Anyway thanks for your opinion

#22     Aug 4, 2005
  3. np, just want to help. I am available for consultation if you want.

#23     Aug 4, 2005
  4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

:D

#24     Aug 4, 2005
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

hey blogtrader - not trying to bait you here, im just interested in why a successful independent trader would want to go and answer to someone else.

personally, thats what attracted me to trading - freedom. not having to go work for some dueche bag.

this is perhaps why some here question your question.

perhaps you are just bored witless being on your own every day, just got bored with the whole trading thing or some other reason.

who knows? only you do - so perhaps some reasoning behind your thread would be a positive thing.

all the best.

#25     Aug 4, 2005
  6. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

good question,

because you can make a lot a money without the risk

#26     Aug 4, 2005
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

look at the 2nd sentence. looks to me like you were originally asking about non trading jobs.

what is the 'real world'? the place where people get paid low wages for adding supposed 'value' to something (like burger [10c] + heat [1c] + cheese [2c] + labor [50c] = $2)

now you seem to be focused on specifically trading other peoples money.

this could be the reason for the confusion and harassment.

if you do want to get out of trading for what ever reason, and want a steady income, try brokerage cos you have some related experience.

#27     Aug 4, 2005
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

#28     Aug 4, 2005
  9. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

you bet they do, my system just crashed because of that stupid tws

Yeah, maybe i was not explicit, I really wanted to know if a could have any chances of getting a job or something similar in the financial field. I'm not interested in going back to engineering

Thanks for helping me clear that up

#29     Aug 4, 2005
  10. trdr25

trdr25

If you really had an electrical engineering degree I would think you would be able to figure out the answer to your question on your own. Saying you have an engineering degree does sound impressive though.

#30     Aug 4, 2005