who would hire an independent trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by blogtrader, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Hey Steve, where is Lefty? or should I say hey Lefty, where is Steve?

#11     Aug 3, 2005
  2. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

thanks for the answer advtrader

#12     Aug 3, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

Hehe.

I ask myself the same question. Lets just say its stefty from now on.

:)

#13     Aug 3, 2005
  4. sammybea

sammybea

What is your educational background? Many daytraders don't finish college, or do poorly in a formal education setting. In that case, it could be much harder to convince someone that you are worth more than a job at the local Mickey D's.

And before anyone says anything, I know daytraders who went to the Ivy's, but I know many more that are dropouts.

#14     Aug 3, 2005
  5. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

I have an electrical engineering degree but I hate being an engineer. I liked to study engineering in college but to work is completely different.

#15     Aug 3, 2005
  6. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

Anyway thats why I quit and went into trading. But sometimes I wonder if I would have something to gain by joining a financial institution. Maybe the experience would make me a better trader.
    But sometimes it looks like all the seek after is Phds

#16     Aug 3, 2005
  7. what about prop shops?

#17     Aug 4, 2005
  8. Noone. Good luck.

Especially with that depressed attitude, who would find you interesting?

#18     Aug 4, 2005
  9. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

I guess thats what it looks like but that was not my intention, I was just looking for other people's opinion. I don't really need or want a job right now and I was just curious whether what I do gives me any chance of being employed in a nice job again

Anyway your post is very agressive, maybe something in your life is not going so well. Good luck with that.

#19     Aug 4, 2005
  10. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

In a prop firm would I have to adapt to their methodologies or would I be able to trade my own? What type of deal could a expect? thanks for your answers

#20     Aug 4, 2005