Who would buy a tulip 1 million dollar today ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Jul 7, 2003.

1. For Charles Mackay's book online text can be downloaded here:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/docs/books/gutenberg/etext96/ppdel10.txt harrytrader2000 Edit Delete Cut
    vol 2

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/docs/books/gutenberg/etext96/2ppdl10.txt harrytrader2000 Edit Delete Cut
    vol 3

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/docs/books/gutenberg/etext97/3ppdl10.txt

#31     Jul 8, 2003
  2. Gann: it's unhappy that this guy is so esoteric if not so I would like him very much :D. At least there is one part of him that stayed rational since he said he had discovered the equations of demand of offer but that he never revealed even to his associates. I suppose it is the same kind of equations than mine because there can't be many fondamentally. So I think that he only released properties of these equations in his seminar (sold 35000$ if I remember :D ) and hide them behind "sacred geometry" whereas it should be as sacred as the rabbit reproduction sequence :D.

Nevertheless apart from some nonsense that is too esoterical and that I filter I like to read Gann because there is true observations of market from him that I find interesting. And perhaps unconsciously he inspired me. I already said even Science can find inspiration in esoteric thing nevertheless science is only science when it can be rationalised. Knowledge cannot be reduced to Science perhaps but if one want qualify something as science it must accept the constraint of its strict protocol.

#32     Jul 8, 2003
  3. I am preparing to do like him: beat the record of consecutive winning trades not in scalp which would be too easy but in swing (a win/loss ratio above 3 and often much more). But I must train before. He did it on commodities and on daily scale, I'm not accustomed to daily scale enough so I would do it on intraday scales rather and later years I would do it on daily scales. And by consecutive I mean truly consecutive in time not trading diversified contracts which I would consider as cheating because it is not really consecutive then.

#33     Jul 8, 2003
  4. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

#34     Jul 8, 2003
  5. maxpi

maxpi

It's going to repeat eventually anyhow, might as well study history to learn how best to benefit from the current phase

Max

#35     Jul 8, 2003
  6. I never use to like history, but since I've been in stocks/options, market history is fascinating.

Why would someone pay $1 million for a tulip? Why would people pay thousands for a "rare" beanie baby? It all comes down to market dynamics and crowd behavior. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

#36     Jul 23, 2003
  7. ttrader

ttrader

You're telling government is the bubble of our times ... ? :confused:

ttrader

#37     Jul 23, 2003