Who would be your dream mentor?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by popesidious, Oct 22, 2005.

Who would you prefer?

1. Marty Schwartz

22 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. Victor Niederhoffer

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. George Soros

21 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Paul Tudor Jones

46 vote(s)
    26.4%
  5. Ed Seykota

20 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. Charles Faulkner

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Warren Buffett (is not a trader, but...)

13 vote(s)
    7.5%
  8. James Rodgers

5 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. John Meriwether

6 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Jesse Livermore (if he were alive)

30 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. though I am self-taught, I will give credit to 3 main mentors who helped me advance my forex trading.

one of which is the greatest scalper in the world, though unknown because he is a private trader. he taught me all of his secrets of scalping.

another mentor, who I will not mention by name, is a member of this forum.

the third mentor requests not to be named by name because he is now a private trader. but he knows more about the ForEx than any other person alive.

In addition, I have learned much by reading books on forex and on trading.

I have also learned a lot by reading posts on this forum and others.

all of these sources go under the heading of my being "self-taught" but I am very grateful to all of my mentors/trainers for assisting me to progress as a forex trader.

without them I highly doubt I'd have ever been able to reach the level of proficiency and profitability I am at.

skz

#41     Oct 23, 2005
  2. AK100

AK100

All this 'mentor' crap is so funny.

Folks, for 97% of you all having a mentor means is you've been hooked by the marketing.

In fact, which ever marketer first came up with the idea to using the phrase to sell is a genius...........

#42     Oct 23, 2005
  3. I never paid a cent (except for books).

all my mentors are my friends.

#43     Oct 23, 2005

4. you can't be serious. niederhoffer's fund has been ranked in the top 5 performers over the last 3 years by the major ranking services.

furthermore, he was ranked number 1 in the world for a series of years prior to the 1997 over expansive speculation in thailand.

he is one of the last living masters of game, a true american hero, and must be listed among the top traders of all time.

surfer

#44     Oct 23, 2005
  5. zdreg

zdreg

if both oil_trader and marketsurfer would show the source of their figures, it would resolve differences concerning neiderhoffer.

has anybody heard neiderhoffer talk recently

#45     Oct 25, 2005
  6. Arnie

Arnie

I would choose lescor or mschey from right here on ET. :D

#46     Oct 25, 2005
  7. Jenna Jameson

#47     Oct 25, 2005

8. hi zdreg,

niederhoffer's fund, matador, is ranked by all the major ranking services. In particular, MAR , as of may 2005 ranked his fund the number 1 performing fund for 2004 and cumulatively over the last 3 years for "trading advisors with over 100 million". As of August of this year, the fund was also ranked number 1 by other ranking services.

NO ONE has ever staged a comeback like niederhoffer. he is a true inspiration to market participants and business people everywhere.

in this time of deceit and subtrifuge in the market, it is indeed refreshing to see an honorable man suceed to his extent.

best,

surfer

#48     Oct 25, 2005
  9. :D

I think they mean for trading.

LMAO

#49     Oct 25, 2005
  10. the best teaching comes from what you learn on your own

#50     Oct 25, 2005