Who would Americans vote as President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Gallup: Americans Say They Will Vote for a Black or Woman -- But a Mormon? A 72-Year-Old?

By E&P Staff

Published: February 20, 2007 10:30 AM ET

NEW YORK A new Gallup survey confirms that Americans claim they will be willing to vote for a woman (read: Hillary Clinton) or a black (read: Barack Obama) for president next year. But they still raise questions about voting for a well-qualified Mormon (Mitt Romney) or 72-year-old (John McCain) or someone who has been divorced twice (Rudy Giuliani).

Surprisingly, nearly as many say they would vote for a homosexual (55%) as say they would vote for a 72-year-old (57%).

Most censored: atheists.

"While Americans overwhelmingly say they would vote for a black, woman, Catholic, or Hispanic president, they are less likely to say they would support a Mormon candidate, one who is 72 years old, or one who has been married three times," Gallup reported.

Asked if they'd be willing to vote for a "generally well-qualified" candidate with the followign characterisitics, here's how the tally went in the Feb. 9- 11 poll.

Black 94%
    Jewish 92%
    A woman 88%
    Hispanic 87%
    Mormon 72%
    Married for third time 67%
    72 years of age 57%
    A homosexual 55%
    An atheist 45%

Conservatives express more misgivings about candidates from all of the above categories -- except the age question, where they are more disapproving of voting for someone 72 or over.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003547514

2. What a bunch of hogwash.....I know it sounds politically correct to be open to 'fags n darkies'.....but you really believe that when the curtain is closed all those people will vote for either? i think not. And its not just the souther boys either....the elitist up in the North East and the farmers of the mid west are no different

3. forexaim

forexaim

4. don't be sorry....everyone should agree with my opinions!!!:D :D